Arrived to a very warm welcome and a glass of cava compliments of the hotel, which is a lovely touch.
We were instantly made to feel special and the man on reception took time to advise us on things to do and see on our first visit to Barcelona.
The hotel is in a great location, right facing the port and backs on to the Bari Gotic area which is both charming and unique. We could be on La Ramblas within a 5 minute walk, which is were the closest Metro station is,
The room we were given was on the 3rd floor and classed as a deluxe, which actually just meant we were told by the reception guy that it over looked the port.
Fine room, plenty of space, clean fresh bedding,lovely blackout drapes and a set of French doors opening to a sliding door onto a mini balcony with a nice view (the next floor up would be even better) these doors kept all noise out of the room which was great as I am a terrible sleeper and road noise really disturbs me, I heard nothing!
The room had a couple of issues, there was a green/blue stain on the carpet near the bathroom, I presume mouthwash or toothpaste is the culprit. There were some stains on the walls near the entrance of the room from drink spills and the wall socket next to the bed was loose. The bedside tables had been damaged slightly and just looked older than expected in the room. The tv didn't work but we were hardly in the room so that didn't matter at all. The bathroom sink was chipped inside and the showerhead was poor quality although worked well it just looked cheap and not in keeping.
These points are just little things I noticed, they didn't make me hate the place and had they not been there I would have said this room was perfect. The bed was clean fresh and very comfortable with lovely pillows. The chocolates on the bed were a nice touch as was the weather report for the next day, however the room sent thing I didn't get, it never seemed we got that.
Please boil bottled water in the room, we used tap water the first day and our drinks were foul tasting like salt. Once we used bottled they were fine.
The roof terrace is really really lovely, the week we stayed it was cool and there were fleece blankets provided which was a nice touch so we watched the sunset with a glass of cava cuddled under the blankets, very romantic. The bar is well priced up there too which was a nice surprise. There is a small pool up there which I guess is just a place to dip in to, cool off and have a drink, you could not swim in it.
We didn't have breakfast as it was expensive (16 euro pp) instead we went to "milk" 3 roads behind the hotel, totally fab! The restaurant in the hotel is beautiful though.
I would stay here again next time we go to Barcelona as it is in a great spot, it was clean safe and friendly and I guess if we had an upgraded room I would give it 5 stars. To be honest you shouldn't be in your room for long when in Barcelona there is too much to see and do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive boutique historic hotel in front of the port of Barcelona, and just 3 minutes walk to Ramblas, Gothic quarter. Unbeatable location for visitors interested on the heart of the historic center and cruise passengers .On the sixth floor Hotel Duquesa de Cardona Barcelona offers an unforgetable view over the harbour of the city, with a plunge pool, asolarium and a all year open-air cocktail .The buffet breakfast restaurant on the ground floor is the former entrance of this palace of the 19th century , and introduce us to the fantastic history of this mediterranean city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Duquesa de Cardona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona
- Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona, Catalonia