Many of the reviews are complimentary and I would certainly agree. It is a good hotel in a great location. People have made reference to it being on a main road but the windows really do insulate you from the noise so do not be put off. You can get to many locations easily from the hotel or just explore the back streets which is a plus. It is true that you do need to be on the fourth floor minimum to have a view. This is the floor we are staying on and can just see the view over the top of the trees. The room is spacious, has all we need and has been generally clean but they did not hoover the carpet which was surprising as we were in a deluxe room?
The real gem to this hotel is the roof terrace and plunge pool. From here you get a fabulous view of the harbour and can just take it easy in the sun on the sun loungers or chairs. You can also order refreshment or eat up on the terrace. It is fabulous and I do recommend a visit to this during your stay.
N.B. Many have recommended this as a family hotel and they certainly were helpful in ensuring that we had connecting rooms when booking but just a word of caution for those with small children. The plunge pool is surrounded by wooden decking and as my young son found out to his cost, you can get really rather nasty splinters despite the decking appearing to be well weathered. I had to go in search of a needle to dig it out and the staff were somewhat disappointing in terms of helping and or compassion. I am not sure if they just did not know what to do or how to react but they said they would refer it to the Manager who never bothered to come back to us?
We have not eaten dinner in the restaurant but breakfast is more than generous with so many choices. Certain items do run out so do not be afraid to ask for more as they can be a touch slow to notice.
All in all in I would highly recommend this hotel as comfortable, well located and generally
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive boutique historic hotel in front of the port of Barcelona, and just 3 minutes walk to Ramblas, Gothic quarter. Unbeatable location for visitors interested on the heart of the historic center and cruise passengers .On the sixth floor Hotel Duquesa de Cardona Barcelona offers an unforgetable view over the harbour of the city, with a plunge pool, asolarium and a all year open-air cocktail .The buffet breakfast restaurant on the ground floor is the former entrance of this palace of the 19th century , and introduce us to the fantastic history of this mediterranean city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Duquesa de Cardona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona
- Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona, Catalonia