We arrived home yesterday from a 4 day Stay at the duquesa de cardona hotel and absolutley loved it!
We got a taxi from Barcelona Airport to the front of the hotel which cost 25 euros, the taxi driver was lovely warning us to be careful of pick pockets in las ramblas and to make sure we ate along the sea front, especially the fresh fish!
The hotel was lovely, The best location, Right in front of you you have the harbour, which is just in front of the beach, the beach is a 15-20 min walk from the hotel, but well worth it! Much busier beach than we expected too! The reception staff were friendly and the hotel has a real air of class!
To the right of the hotel you have 'Las Ramblas' which is just a 5 min walk.
It has a huge food market, lots of places to eat and lots of street performers to see! Well worth a look.
We took the Barcleona tour bus from just outside the hotel (The right and head to the roundabout) which cost 29 euros for 48 hours - Well worth doing as you get to see the entire city.
The views from the duquesa de cardona roof top are amazing - they look right over the harbour and to the beach in the distance, the pool is very small, but cosy and most of our stay the roof terrace wasnt very busy, so having it to yourself is very romantic.
The rooms and the hotel are very, very clean, the beds and towels changed daily!
The bar was quite expensive, so make sure you as for a menu before ordering - The resturant at the roof terrace was always quite busy at lunchtime, we only ate one meal which wasnt very nice - but we saw some meals that looked ok, so possibly worth a shot.
The resturant staff seem to work quite hard, but there is a lack of organisation, possibly due to them being understaffed? So as nice as they were, when ordering food/room service expect a wait! We waited 45 minutes for toast and tea one morning, despite being told it would be 10 minutes!!
The only other bad thing about this hotel was the noise from the street below, We were unlucky enough to have roadworks from 8am all day, so no chance of opening your balcony door, even without the road works the traffic from the busy road below was loud enough!
The noise at night is also quite load, drunk people singin etc.... but when you put the location into persepective, i would easily stay there again despite the noise!
We were on the 3rd floor and didnt stay at a weekend mind, so maybe it would be worse if you were lower down and there on a Saturday night?!
Overall, despite a few bad points, it is a lovely hotel and i look forward to returning one day!
Thank you Duquesa de cardona for making our stay in Barcelona fab!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive boutique historic hotel in front of the port of Barcelona, and just 3 minutes walk to Ramblas, Gothic quarter. Unbeatable location for visitors interested on the heart of the historic center and cruise passengers .On the sixth floor Hotel Duquesa de Cardona Barcelona offers an unforgetable view over the harbour of the city, with a plunge pool, asolarium and a all year open-air cocktail .The buffet breakfast restaurant on the ground floor is the former entrance of this palace of the 19th century , and introduce us to the fantastic history of this mediterranean city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Duquesa de Cardona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona
- Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona, Catalonia