“Did it twice”
Review of Hotel DO

Hotel DO
Ranked #5 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 3 June 2013

That's how good this hotel is... worth every penny. And we did it twice in a month. Why? because the hotel is on the best in Europe at the most reasonable prices. It's located in the middle of all the action from the Plaza Reial to Las Rambles to the Harbor and Catalunya square. The service is outstanding. The Breakfast is include in the price along with the Mini Bar. They do not nickle and dime you to death. WiFi is excellent. Fruit in your room every night in addition to some treats. After your reach the hotel they give a complementary drink as you check in and relax. Now that's service .

Room Tip: we had 12 and 32 both face the plaza. It can be a little noisy with the doors open but that is why...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel DO

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We came to this hotel for a night before our cruise out of Barcelona. The check in was easy, the front desk was very friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to reprint a ticket for us that we had left in Canada.

The rooms were spacious and felt very cozy. You literally feel at home in this place. Our room overlooked Placa Reial and had a cute little balcony that we could go out on and people watch. Even though it is quite loud outside the large doors do wonders in keeping out all the street noise. The bathrooms were well laid out, and the separate bath and amazing rain shower with enough water pressure to make it feel like a typhoon was wonderful.

We had breakfast which was included with our package after our relaxing night at this hotel and the pastries were so delicious as we're the scrambled eggs. Oh and almost forgot the mini bar with non alcoholic drinks in our room which were free was a very nice touch!

We can't wait to one back to explore more of the city of Barcelona and will definitely be staying at this beautiful property. No wonder they are now a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeBCanada
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This was the best hotel experience I've had in Europe and here's why:
- Location is incredible. You will spend all your time around Placa Reial. There's the barrio, the ancient Jewish quarter, the Picasso museum, the cathedral, the Boqueria, the Ramblas, the Parc Guell - all 10 minutes or less by foot. If you want to venture out to more of Barcelona, the metro is three minutes away.
- Comfort. The bed and linens and size of bathroom are luxurious. The airtight windows keep sound out. Sleeping well made my first few days in Europe comfortable.
- Free soft drinks. I loved this concept. I enjoyed my sparkling mineral water, juices and one day I even indulged in a coca-cola. Replenished daily. Fantastic.
- Smart. You know when you remove your key-card, all the power is turned off in your room? Not at Hotel DO. The desk plugs stay on to keep your laptop and phone charged while you're gone. Brilliant.
- Breakfast. You start your meal with a plate of croissants, and fresh baked goods. They bring you local farmhouse cheese and a selection of cured meats. Then you get to order anything off the menu. No buffet here; everything is cooked to order. I had the fresh fruit plate and yogurt and an omelette once or twice. Incredible.
-Friendliness. Everyone was kind and helpful but not over the top. After 6 days, I felt everyone was a friend and I didn't want to say goodbye.
Barcelona is an amazing city and since it was my first trip to Spain, I wanted it to be special. Hotel DO Placa Reial made it that way. Just go.

Room Tip: I was traveling solo and I booked the last room available, an "interior" room that had a w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank usbeauty
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We've just got back from our long weekend trip in Barcelona where we stayed at the DO for 3 nights. I had taken my husband to Barelona as a surprise 40th birthday celebration and I wanted a hotel which offered elegance, coziness and a perfect location. I got it all. We arrived and were greeted with lovely warm smiles and two glasses of cava which we enjoyed at our leisure while the staff organised the paperwork and luggage. The room was clean, modern and very cosy. The bed is a delight. The chairs in the room are modern and very comfortable. After spending a day exploring Barcelona, we returned to our room to find little treats - chocolate covered strawberries, fruit or little chocolates. They were always appreciated. In addition the mini bar of juices, water and cola is complimentary. Also greatly appreciated. It's these small details which make your stay memorable. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. You really do feel that they are happy to see you, to help you and most importantly enjoy their job. The location is perfect. Right in the old town, close to La Rambla. Heaps of bars and restaurants in close proximity. Our room faced the Placa Reial which is still very lively late into the night. However we heard nothing. Double glazed windows eliminate all extraneous noise.
There are only two tiny things I would fault:
1. The lighting in the restaurant downstairs is a tiny bit too low. We found it a bit too dark. It just needs a few more mood lights to add light but not effect the ambience.
2. I'm short (155cm) and the safe is placed on a high shelf and deep into that shelf. Needless to say, I had great difficulties placing and removing items from the safe.

As I said, small issues which did not deter from the incredible experience. My husband loved this hotel and his birthday surprise in Barcelona. I would strongly recommend this hotel. It truly delivers.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

My favorite hotel of all time. So special. Staff was great and experience was exquisite. Could not be better. Beautiful and luxurious. Near la Ramblas and on the Placa Reial where the nightlife thrives.

1  Thank Sharonatty
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I'm not sure how anyone could fault this chic elegant hotel. The location is great, pretty central to the city, overlooks the Placa Reial square with a great seating area where we enjoyed soaking up the atmosphere & bustle with gigantic gin & tonics. We had no noise issues whatsoever in our room which overlooked the square, in fact I found the whole of the interior of the hotel to be calm & tranquil
We had dinner 1 night - delicious and the breakfasts were wonderful too.
Our Room - spacious & comfortable, nice modern bathroom and everything spotlessly clean
Best thing about our stay – the amazing staff. I think the best I have ever encountered, even in the most upmarket hotels, NOTHING is too much trouble for them, everything is done with a smile, they are so knowledgeable about the area and they seem to know what you need before you ask. We were made to feel so welcome & cosseted. This would usually be slightly more than I’d pay for a city break hotel, but it was for a special birthday treat & I’m so glad I paid that bit extra to be treated so nicely & get the most out of the trip I don’t think it possible to have had a better stay anywhere else
Management take note – take care of your staff, they are worth their weight in gold

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This has to be the best hotel in Barcelona, at least if you like small boutique hotels. The location is superb, right on the liveliest square in the city and in the Gothic Quarter. We had a fabulous superior room with two balconies overlooking the square. I know some have expressed concerns about the noise, but we didn't have any issues and kept the doors open (other than for sleeping) to feel the energy. Our room wasn't huge, but really well appointed with a great bathroom. The service was super friendly and thoughtful (including the treats), with two people offering to use their personal credit cards to book tickets to the Sagrada Familia when I was having trouble using mine. A special call out to Marc, who helped with Barcelona FC tickets and was overall really helpful. Lastly, the offerings at breakfast were probably the best that we've had at any hotel, with service pretty much wherever you want it. Huge recommendation!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple