Hotel DO
US$217
US$256
US$226
  • Pool
All reviewsplaca reialboutique hotelmolton brown toiletriesa la carte breakfastel terratbasement restaurantwelcome drinkcomplimentary mini bartapasoverlooking the squarebusy squareturn down servicefresh fruitgothic quarterpillow menujunior suiteevery afternoon
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I guess this could be a 4 star review if 4 stars indicate "perfect" and 5 indicate "exceptional." It's not an exceptional "must return " to one-of-a-kind hotel but it is EXCELLENT..flawless...etc The lobby and theme are somewhere between museum nouveau and romantic. The staff is pleasant and quite helpful. The food in the restaurant is EXTRAordinary (and I rarely am a huge fan of hotel food)..the location is exceptional --right on a square at La Rambla. The rooms have WONDERFUL air conditioning with unusually cold minimum temperature options (12--13 degrees C!)..The pool is tiny and the "spa" is just a sauna. Their massage therapists are outside --house call--agents...There's really nothing to gripe about ..It's an intimate boutique ish hotel just large and busy enough to not really feel "intimate " -but still a wonderful ..somewhat upscale experience..I think the incredible food and in-room strong AC helped me push it to 5 stars!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank andrewg818
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel and fabulous location on the Placa Reial. Not at all noisy and we had a room facing the Placa. Lovely restaurant with outdoor seating. Concierge was extremely helpful. Very small rooftop pool but lovely on a very hot day. Would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We really enjoyed our mini break in this comfortable hotel. Attention to detail everywhere. Quiet comfortable room in central location. Lovely bathroom. Very comfy bed. Lovely breakfast served in Placa Reail. Wifi in the room and the brilliant soft drinks were included which was most welcome. I say included and not free as nothing is free. The high price reflects the standard, and this hotel is proof that you usually get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was really looking forward to our stay at the Do based on all the positive trip advisor reviews. Maybe my expectations were too high but I found my experience disappointing.
The room was great but I did not think that it was so special.
Enjoyed the roof terrace. I thought the location was great.
The staff/service was okay but one female staff member at reception was actually quite rude when we realised we had made a mistake with our booking.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay but I have experienced much better elsewhere. I would not necessarily want to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The taxi driver from the airport did not know the hotel which is always a worry! She dropped me on Placa Reial and said it is in there somewhere? No more than twenty paces off the Rambla and the oasis door opened. The reception is tiny but very tasteful and somehow intimate. I was greeted by a welcome drink and warm hospitality. Great room, excellent service. Food was good -a most enjoyable experience
The only comment the bed was a little too hard, the hotel offers a pillow menu so some comfort there.
Apparently the hotel opened only recently but they seem to the service ver well sorted

Room Tip: As the hotel is small and so close to the Ramblas there will be noise - I am a lite sleeper and I was not unduly disturbed mine was a basic double which was well appointed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo