Hotel Vilamarí is a trendy looking hotel a few minutes walk from Placa Espanya. This could be an important factor, when you are arriving from El Prat Airport by bus A1 or A2 (Aerobus).
Quick check in. Lobby functional, clean. Polite receptionist.
Our room was on the first floor - you must avoid two things when booking/staying at Hotel Vilamarí - do not book an economy room and do not stay in a room on the first floor. See my photos attached, you will see why. The view is awful, there is not much natural daylight that hits the room. Everything is further above you!
The Hotel must read these reviews and actually take the feedback on board, because the room, bathroom and walls were squeaky clean. Our room did not have a bath but a walk in shower. Good pressure.
The free minibar consisted of water only. No other soft drinks as it can be seen on the photos posted here by others, it must have changed.
We did not use AC but the bathroom has a control for humidity and we could not get that working. The outside temp was around 20-24C during our stay so it was not such a big problem.
Other 4* hotels usually have an alarm clock (radio), tea/coffee making facilities and nice beds.
Hotel Vilamarí has none of these.
The beds are really small, only about 140cm wide and the matress is hard, you can feel the springs, too. Still, when two people lay on the mattress they keep rolling into the middle.
And there is The Sound. I am not talking the dreaded Hotel-Bedroom-Acrobatics, but straightforward turning from one side to the other. Or sitting up, sitting down. You may call it creaking, I call it thundering, especially in the middle of the night. It wasn't just our room, I overheard next doors' noises, too. (Yes, everything)
The pillows feel like they have been stuffed with cottong wool balls. Not such a biggie of you sleep without pillows.
There is no duvet, there is a sheet, a blanket, and another sheet. I found this highly confusing and heavy. There was no sign that the blanket is laundered after each guest, so I was uneasy by this.
I did not ask for a different room or pillows, because we were only there for 3 nights. Anything longer and I would have asked for a room with a proper mattress and view.
Now, on to the good things:
1. Location. Whether you are walking, renting a bike or other things, it is perfect
2. Shopping: Arenas de Barcelona is a big shopping centre, right on Placa Espanya
3. BREAKFAST! We really liked the brekkie. There are proper juices, not that horrible juice machine you often get in Spanish hotels. There is fresh salad and tomatoes on the counter. 2-3 types of cheese, 5 different breads. Cold cuts. Aand pastries. Seriously good stuff and there is capsule coffee, too.
Upon checking out the receptionist asked for my feedback and he listened to my view about the bed. He seemed serious about it and took notes, too. Fingers cross it will be sorted!
To sum it up, Hotel Vilamarí is good, affordable and centrally located but if you get a room/bed that you don't like, ask for a change!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Vilamari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ac Vilamari Barcelona
- Ac Vilamari Hotel Barcelona
- Ac Hotels Barcelona
- Hotel Vilamari Barcelona, Catalonia