“HCC Taber - Average”

Ranked #301 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“HCC Taber - Average”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Good location but an average hotel at best with limited facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful but food choices were pretty poor and not great quality. I wouldn't recommend not staying but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
hcctaber, Manager at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
First of all thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry but we don' t have restaurant for dinner or super. Just breakfast buffet.
In addicion you could order a room service. We have some salads, sándwiches, hot dishes as spanish potato omelette, ... and something for dessert.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The problem I had with this hotel is that I ended up paying twice for my reservation.

Apparently, there was some problem with the travel agency that booked my reservation so I ended up paying twice for my room. When I checked in, I showed the staff my reservation number and documentation. I said that there must be some kind of mistake (that the room should already be paid for) but my Spanish is limited. I was led to believe that I needed to sign for the room again and I would be reimbursed by the travel company (or something like that). In fact, I tried to discuss the situation with the hotel staff at least twice during our stay... explained that I thought that I had paid twice for the hotel room and that something needed to be done.

Of course, I should have refused to sign the receipt at the time of check-in, but was traveling with a small child and needed to get him settled. The real fault (of course) lies with the travel company, but I feel like the hotel should have done more to help me (or to accurately explain to me what was going on.) (I think they should have at least tried to find someone who could explain it to me in English... since it was obvious that I was concerned.)

The battle between my credit card company and the travel company is ongoing. If you decide to stay at this hotel, just be sure you book with them directly or use a reputable travel company (not Renfe Viajes or any of their affiliates).

If you have a problem, I sure hope you can speak Spanish or Catalan...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
hcctaber, Gerente at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
First of all I apologize for the inconveniences.

Your reservation was made through a big travel agency which is not the one where you reserved. They are many intermediaries.
I could explain you that your reservation at first was payable by the agency but at the end was modify the 2nd February at direct payment in the hotel. Because of this we charged here.

I do not understand because you says that the recption staff do not speak English because they just all have a medium-high heat of this language.

Hopefully son resolved the problem with the credit card company and the travel company.

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Lillehammer, Norway
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Average breakfast, clean room and bathroom. The access to my own balcony from room 708 and the very central location combined with a very reasonable price makes me give it a score of 4/5. The hotel has a very helpful staff, and the free-of-charge wireless Internet access was really one of the best hotel Wifi that i have ever used. (I uploaded a lot of pictures while I was there)

Room Tip: Ask for room 708 or 709 and you will get a spacious room with your own balcony/veranda (about 6-8 sq...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
hcctaber, Manager at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
It is a pleause for me to receive your kind feed back. Thank you very much.
Barcelona
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Good hotel, center location, lots of amenities in the neighbourhood: shops, bars, restaurants. Close to city center (Plaça de Catalunya). Breakfast is very expensive (better find a nearby bar), mattresses quite hard. Very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

hcctaber, Manager at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will consider the price for breakfast and we take note that in your opinion the mattress is hard.
Bournemouth
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Firstly this is a 3 star hotel so we did not expect as much from it as other higher rated hotels I have stayed in, however it all our exceeded expectations.

It was chosen due to it's location being only a short distance from an art exhibition we were attending, however it is also a good location for sight seeing and excellent value for money in what is a slightly more expensive area.

The hotel is clean and well maintained.
We had room 701 which had a balcony overlooking the front street.
The room initially looked compact but seemed to grow after settling in, it had sufficient storage and loads of coat hangers.
Bedside drawers and lights were good. Mini bar, writing desk and a TV were also in the room.
Bed was firm but that is how I prefer a bed to be and I slept very well with no traffic noise.
An extra pillow arrived within moments of my asking.
Free high speed wifi in our room!
The only downside is that the room safe was an extra 5.50 Euros per night!

Bathroom was spacious and clean. Towels were fluffy and large enough.The soap was excellent. A bath tub to relax in after a hard day was appreciated although it was filled via the shower head rather than a separate tap. Very strange but it worked and there was lots of hot water.

We got a rate including buffet breakfast which was served in their light and airy dining room.
Good choice of cake like things, yoghurt, some cheese, ham, and other meats.
Food was constantly replenished.
Not much in the way of fresh fruit but overall we were very satisfied - remember this is 3 star hotel albeit a good one.

Apart from the safe charge there is nothing negative I can say about this hotel!
If only all 3 star hotels were as good as this one.
I will stay in this hotel again and I am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a vie or balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy M
hcctaber, Manager at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you very much for feedback. We wil consider the cost of the safe.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have been here to this hotel 3 times prior and will go again 6-13. I have stayed in larger rooms with friends, this time by myself in a small single room. The staff is very attentive, the hotel is clean and is convenient to everything. Do not pay for breakfast, it is too much to eat so early and expensive, Spain like most of Europe, is expensive eating out. But there are reasonably priced places if you look. About 4 blocks away (going the way the cars flow on Aragon), there is a small funky buffet restaurant. If it is still there, it says "menu", which means everything including a drink is 1 reasonable price.

Room Tip: try not to stay in front, too much street noise
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
hcctaber, Gerente at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We hope to see you soon.
herts
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights.The hotel is in a great location close to great restaurants,shopping and attractions of Barcelona.Although it doesnt have character it was very clean,beds comfy and rooms a generous size with a good bathroom.Do not have the breakfast as it very expensive and there are plenty of places nearby.Would recommend for a short break it ticks all the boxes and a good price too.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jo0501
hcctaber, Gerente at HCC Taber, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind opinion.
I hope you will come back to greet you personally.