“Seafood Paella”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Poblenou
Description: Come and enjoy the delights of Mediterranean cuisine or have a drink at our restaurant Passeig 9 (nou) in Poblenou.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

All I could say is that it was magic. Was also quite cheap I thought at 12euro a person. The bread with tomato wasn't great but only 2.50euro.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Rambla Poblenou is full of bars and tapas restaurants, Passeig 9 is near the end of the line. We had a range of tapas dishes - they were all "OK" but nothing special. A word of warning - the portions are huge, twice the size of usual tapas dishes.
We had to eat inside as the outside areas were full, it was a warm July evening. The inside of the restaurant and bar area is fairly shabby and cluttered.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very good. We recommend the tapas, especially dates with bacon, mozzarella cheese and brie. Nice surroundings and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a burger and it was really good. The meat was cooked to perfection, very well seasoned so I was very satisfied. Only flaw is that the burger was way too big to fit in my mouth so I had to eat it a little clumsily with a fork and a knife.

My friend had something else which unfortunately I don't remember at this very moment but I remember we left the restaurant very happy with our experience. The service was fine, the decor is good too and it was all in all a very pleasant dinner.

I read many reviews who are very opposite from one to the next but for us, this place was worth it and I would return for a casual dinner returning from the beach or something. The fact that it is on Rambla Poplenou is a plus too since we loved loved loved the atmosphere of that street.

1  Thank doumdoum1976
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I ordered the Entrecôte Steak with Blue Cheese. When it arrived, I found that I could hardly cut through it with my knife as it was so tough and gristly. I had ordered it cooked medium to well. When I told the waiter he apologised and arranged for another steak to be cooked, this time well done. When that came it was as bad as the first steak, all fat and gristle and I was totally unable to chew it. When I complained to the manager, he became quite aggressive stating that his Entrecôte was 'the best in Spain'. I was unable to eat it and left the restaurant hungry and extremely disappointed. The manager insisted that I pay for my indelible meal in full otherwise he would call the Police. I will definitely not go back to this restaurant.

2  Thank Paul C C