“Entertaining and immediate”

Ranked #41 of 732 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 18 February 2014

What a wonderful setting for an intimate flamenco performance. During our visit, there were just about 15 people altogether, and the stage is right in front of everyone, so you get a perfect view to extremely talented performers. The show was a bit over 1 hour at 20 € per person, drink included (non-alcoholic also - we got a delicious pineapple juice). The performance started with some guitar and singing, with a cajón (drum) soon joining in. The second song was when the dancers entered, and little by little the intensity grew and grew. Very entertaining and fully worth the price. It felt like we found a secret instead of something commercial.

2  Thank Juha U
There are newer reviews for Palau Dalmases

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Even though I had my doubts about the place the setting is very nice. Also the setup yields for a very private event where everyone gets to sit close to the stage. For 20 euros (which include one drink) it is worth the money. I'm no expert on flamenco but the guitar and singer were entertaining and the two dancers were really fun to watch.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This ( clean, safe) 15th Century Born neighborhood is worth exploring anyway, and the 17th C. palace setting and museum- quality arhitecture and furnishings are also worth the trip. Almost all of the many and diverse near-by restaurants are for tourists, but this means they are open to eat before the 7:30 show.

The flamenco singing and guitar was startlingly good, and everyone loved the 2 skillful and spirited young dancers, totally in tune with the musicians. The bar is open 7 PM till late. I paid €20, including a mixed drink (I took sangria.)

3  Thank hhaff
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A great evening watching an amazing show in a fabulous palace! The performers, 4 musicians and two flamenco dancers, are very talented and deliver an energetic and fascinating show. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I couldn't really wait to share my experience with all of you! We went to Barcelona for 4 days and watching a flamenco show was in our priority list! We were trying to find a nice flamenco show during the first two days but everything was very 'commercial' (not traditional) looking. On the third day, while we were going to Picasso Museum a small wooden door caught our attention. A nice man on the door told us that there was a flamenco show that night and offered to show us the place, which we really appreciated (since noone in the other 3 flamenco places we asked for information did). Once we entered the courtyard and then the main building, where the show is taking place we knew this is exactly what we were looking for in terms of atmosphere! We could also book the seats we wanted which was great! The price was 20 Euros p/p with drink; the best price we found in the city! I am not sure though how much it is if you want a second drink. We had sangria and mojito but I think the mojito was better!There are also two shows, one at 19:30 and one at 21:30. It is recommended to arrive 15 mins before the show. The place is literally opposite Picasso Museum so you can't miss it! Now, in terms of the show! I can't say enough!AMAZING! It exceeded my expectations. The singer, the dancers and the guitarist, all of them amazing artists who were really talented and also passionate about what they are doing!I was mostly impressed with the guitarist, who was extremely good and also the female dancer, who had so much balance and power on her movements! I really enjoyed it and I can say with confidence that this show was the most well spent money in Barcelona for me! Thank you Palau Dalmasses for giving me this experience. I will definitely be back in the future!

1  Thank Eleni K