“Lovely hotel excellent location and very clean.”

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace
Ranked #121 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hotel great. A 2 minute walk from the square. Very nice helpful reception staff. Rooms really clean and serviced perfectly every day. Only down side of room was no tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast a good selection. Spa is a little gem. Small but nice. Would not hesitate to stay here again but would take a travel kettle.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank wlwilson1975

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here because my colleagues had already selected this hotel and had no choice. The location is excellent and the staff are friendly. When I checked out it was the International Women's Day and they gave me a gorgeous daisy.
My room was spacious with 2 (why?) wash basins and a nice terrace, which I much appreciated. Breakfast was fine but we all have to walk across the entrance hall, wide open, so I was cold when I got to the restaurant. Having a variety for breakfast is fine, but cava and red & white wine for breakfast was not my thing - wish they had more fruits. For the price I would have preferred to go out and have my breakfast at the cafe on the same block around the corner, which looked very appealing. So unless you want many coupes of cava in the morning, you may as well just go out.
One word of caution: the front doors stay wide open, mere 10 meters to the front desk, and there is no security person there. Anyone can access the elevators to the rooms and you don't need to have the room keys to activate the elevators. (Wifi code is on these elevator walls and anyone could use their wifi as well). This is not great and I personally know someone who got mugged at the front of this hotel done years back and wished to I stayed here because my colleagues had already selected this hotel. The location is excellent and the staff are friendly. When I checked out it was the International Women's Day and they gave me a gorgeous daisy.
My room was spacious with 2 (why?) wash basins and a nice terrace, which I much appreciated. Breakfast was fine but we all have to walk across the entrance hall, wide open, do I was cold when I got to the restaurant. Having a variety for breakfast is fine, but cava and red & white wine for breakfast was not my thing - wish they had more fruits. For the price I would have liked to go out and have my breakfast at the cafe on the same block around the corner, which looked very appealing. So unless you want many coupes of cava in the morning, you may as well just go out.
One wide if caution: the front doors stay wide open, mere 10 meters to the front desk, and there is no security person there. Anyone can access the elevators to the rooms and you don't need to have the room keys to activate the elevators. Wifi code is on these elevator walls and anyone could use their wifi as well. This us not great and I personally know someone who got mugged at the front of this hotel some years back and wished to have seen improvements.

• Stayed: March 2014
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing with other fellow users of TripAdvisor your experience in Hotel Acta Atrium Palace. Moreover, comments like yours help us to continue improving our services and facilities.

We are glad to know that the rooms were to your liking. Normally we don’t have our main door open, but unfortuntaley during your stay we had a technical problems and the movement detector that makes the door opens automatically was broken. Trying to solve the problem as soon as possible we contacted the responsible person and we are glad to confirm you that it is already fixed.

Although the hotel does not have security staff, all the employees ensure the safety of our customers and the common areas and entrances of the hotel are under electronic surveillance 24 hours a day.

Referring to the robbery that your colleague suffered, We are sorry about the incident and it is importante for us to let you know that we are located right in the city center, at one of the safiest area in Barcelona.

We would like to inform you that Our WIFI system is safe. Even if someone from the outside of the hotel tried to use the WiFi system with the password, it wouldn’t be possible for him to see or have access to the communications of other users.

We would love to welcome you in the future. Please, don't hesitate to contact us for the next time you visit the city.

Best regards,

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, Barcelona.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hotel is very nice and the staff very friendly and helpful. (they offered flowers to all the women staying in the hotel on International Women day!) Located just few meters from Plaza Catalunyia and the main shopping street. Breakfast is very good, a free wifi which works perfectly and a very nice spa with a pool, sauna and jacuzzi perfect after a day of sightseeing.
The room are nice and clean.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 6 March 2014

A great location and the hotel itself was pretty good and the staff were excellent. The breakfast was great but it can get busy at weekends but there is plenty to eat. The room pens are good and make great presents :)

Room Tip: Ask for the front floor 6 great balconys
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our honeymoon, which also happened to coincide with MWC. Thankfully we had mentioned to the hotel staff in advance that we will be visiting for our honeymoon, so they gave us a lovely room on the top floor with a balcony. The only downside was that it faced a playground, so there was a bit of noise from kids playing in the morning and evening. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The amenities were great and the complimentary wifi was highly appreciated by my wife and me. The location was beyond superb because it was on the Gran Via and a block away from Passeig de Gracia and Placa de Catalunya (I've probably got the spellings wrong, I apologize Barcelona).

One tiny complaint was that they only had the heater on even though the thermostat had an option for the air conditioner. This left us extremely hot, dry and confused for our first night there. After understanding from the staff that the AC was deactivated during the winter, we spent the rest of our nights with the door to the balcony open to let in some cool air. Also the walls are really thin, which was annoying because we had some really noisy neighbors causing a ruckus late in the night.

All in all, it was an excellent stay. Might even stay here again the next time we're in the city.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 7th floor if you can. 707 faces the playground, but has it's own balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank arjngpta
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is just ok. Convenient location, tidy, decent breakfast, kind service (a little rough in the room), comfortable room and bed, efficient Internet connection. However I was here during the MWC period and so had to pay a very high price... getting a room on the first floor with a wall in front of my window was... unkind.
But in general terms this is the average hotel you would find in Barcelona, located in a nice old building in an elegant boulevard, plenty of restaurants around, metro in walking distance, Rambla too. Just ok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The staff are polite and welcoming, helping in any question or problem. They are happy to help and guide.
The hotel is always clean.
I am sure will be back on next visit in Barcelona.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple