“a very good centrally located 4 stars hotel”

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace
Ranked #112 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
“a very good centrally located 4 stars hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 10 nights. The impression is very good. Location is perfect, i.e. around 5 minutes walking distance from and back from Metro, Bus stop, Train station and the main shopping streets. Counter services are excellent (very supportive and smiling faces around and with problem- solving hearts) I have not tried the Spa because it was still cold during my stay and therefore I cannot comment. Breakfast is wonderful. You can enjoy Cava(Champaign), Rose, White Wines to start the day plus other main necessary food. I did not feel bored over such a long stay there. The room was clean and spacious in my standard. But the closing doors sound heard from rooms in between. i.e. the sound-proof situation has a much room to improve. I hope to whom it may concern will have the same treatment.

Room Tip: the heater in my room was not running very well.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Wah Keung C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for three nights at the end of March.
It's a lovely hotel with everything you could need, hair dryer, safe, good shower, spa etc.
Staff are helpful and friendly and if you needed anything they would happily help you.
The location of this hotel is Brilliant, it is about a 2 minute walk to the Passeig de Gracia Metro station and the metro is really simple and easy to use. It is also about a 10 minute walk to La Ramblas and about a 20/25 minute walk to the Marina, but of course you can always get the metro to these places. Loads of restaurants and shops near by, safe and pleasant area.

My only gripe (and the thing stopping the 5 star rating on here) was the air con. I have just read a review below that the air con is deactivated during the winter... we didnt know this and only assumed that it was us who couldnt get to grips with the air con. They really need to sort this out because the room was so hot and stuffy during the night, but as our room overlooked a playground where they often held games in the morning (not an issue with the window closed) we didnt like to leave the window open over night or we would be woken up.

Over all, I would definatly recommend this hotel to others and I would 100% return!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor, it did over look a playground but as far as I'm aware the other...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect. Very easy to get to public transport and to walk to The Rambla. Also the staff on Reception are very friendly and helpful. I was travelling with my adult daughter so had requested a twin room. When we were given a double and we asked to move they explained that they were full but would move us the next day which they did to a better room away from the noisy school playground at the back. We were then on the front with the noise from the main road but this wasn't as bad as the noise from the bathroom above us. In both rooms the noise of running water from the shower above was very loud as was the toilet flush and sink. On our first night we were kept awake until 4am with people talking in the corridors then the fire alarm went off at 6.30am for no reason then the children playing in the school outside woke us. We didn't use the pool as it always had some one in it and it was too small for more than 4. We both had very nice massages in the spa on our last day though, which rounded our 4 days in Barcelona off nicely.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front away from the school.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A very nice building and a nice hotel with an excellent value for money.
Not luxury but it has all one needs.
The location is very central in Barcelona, near Plaça Catalunya.
A taxi stop just in front is also useful.
Very good breakfast,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hotel great. A 2 minute walk from the square. Very nice helpful reception staff. Rooms really clean and serviced perfectly every day. Only down side of room was no tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast a good selection. Spa is a little gem. Small but nice. Would not hesitate to stay here again but would take a travel kettle.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank wlwilson1975
Paris, France
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here because my colleagues had already selected this hotel and had no choice. The location is excellent and the staff are friendly. When I checked out it was the International Women's Day and they gave me a gorgeous daisy.
My room was spacious with 2 (why?) wash basins and a nice terrace, which I much appreciated. Breakfast was fine but we all have to walk across the entrance hall, wide open, so I was cold when I got to the restaurant. Having a variety for breakfast is fine, but cava and red & white wine for breakfast was not my thing - wish they had more fruits. For the price I would have preferred to go out and have my breakfast at the cafe on the same block around the corner, which looked very appealing. So unless you want many coupes of cava in the morning, you may as well just go out.
One word of caution: the front doors stay wide open, mere 10 meters to the front desk, and there is no security person there. Anyone can access the elevators to the rooms and you don't need to have the room keys to activate the elevators. (Wifi code is on these elevator walls and anyone could use their wifi as well). This is not great and I personally know someone who got mugged at the front of this hotel done years back and wished to I stayed here because my colleagues had already selected this hotel. The location is excellent and the staff are friendly. When I checked out it was the International Women's Day and they gave me a gorgeous daisy.
My room was spacious with 2 (why?) wash basins and a nice terrace, which I much appreciated. Breakfast was fine but we all have to walk across the entrance hall, wide open, do I was cold when I got to the restaurant. Having a variety for breakfast is fine, but cava and red & white wine for breakfast was not my thing - wish they had more fruits. For the price I would have liked to go out and have my breakfast at the cafe on the same block around the corner, which looked very appealing. So unless you want many coupes of cava in the morning, you may as well just go out.
One wide if caution: the front doors stay wide open, mere 10 meters to the front desk, and there is no security person there. Anyone can access the elevators to the rooms and you don't need to have the room keys to activate the elevators. Wifi code is on these elevator walls and anyone could use their wifi as well. This us not great and I personally know someone who got mugged at the front of this hotel some years back and wished to have seen improvements.

• Stayed March 2014
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing with other fellow users of TripAdvisor your experience in Hotel Acta Atrium Palace. Moreover, comments like yours help us to continue improving our services and facilities.

We are glad to know that the rooms were to your liking. Normally we don’t have our main door open, but unfortuntaley during your stay we had a technical problems and the movement detector that makes the door opens automatically was broken. Trying to solve the problem as soon as possible we contacted the responsible person and we are glad to confirm you that it is already fixed.

Although the hotel does not have security staff, all the employees ensure the safety of our customers and the common areas and entrances of the hotel are under electronic surveillance 24 hours a day.

Referring to the robbery that your colleague suffered, We are sorry about the incident and it is importante for us to let you know that we are located right in the city center, at one of the safiest area in Barcelona.

We would like to inform you that Our WIFI system is safe. Even if someone from the outside of the hotel tried to use the WiFi system with the password, it wouldn’t be possible for him to see or have access to the communications of other users.

We would love to welcome you in the future. Please, don't hesitate to contact us for the next time you visit the city.

Best regards,

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, Barcelona.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice and the staff very friendly and helpful. (they offered flowers to all the women staying in the hotel on International Women day!) Located just few meters from Plaza Catalunyia and the main shopping street. Breakfast is very good, a free wifi which works perfectly and a very nice spa with a pool, sauna and jacuzzi perfect after a day of sightseeing.
The room are nice and clean.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family