“Nice hotel in a wonderful location”

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace
Ranked #117 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
“Nice hotel in a wonderful location”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The location was excellent, central and in the heart of the beautiful Eixample district. Staff is very friendly and willing to help, breakfast is rich and the room included a comfortable bed and was very clean and accessorized with everything needed. Only disadvantage was the room was rather dark.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were very pleased to book the Atrium Palace for our Barcelona trip. Very walkable location to the sights in a safe neighborhood. The reception staff gets a GOLD STAR for their excellent assistance with restaurant referrals, advance ticket sales, and extremely friendly. The room was also very good. Plenty of room with a comfortable bed and the delicious breakfast started our day. The hot tub was very relaxing after walking all day. We will recommend the Atrium Palace to our friends if they travel to Barcelona.

Room Tip: King bed room was perfect for us since I am a tall person.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the first day we stayed at this hotel til the last, we were always greeted with smiles and very courteous help in finding our way in Barcelona. One of the reception staff, ( I think his name was Sergi), took a great deal of time getting us tickets to La Sagrada Familia. I was afraid we were going to miss seeing Gaudi's masterpiece. The room was adequate for our needs since we spent very little time in it and it faced Grad Via and was on a higher floor. The traffic noise was minimal.
If you are looking for a comfortable stay in Barcelona with a hotel staff who go out of their way to help....then take a look at Atrium Palace. Oh,.... do consider including breakfast with your room. It was wonderful....so much to choose.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Atrium P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear VAmiss,

Thank you for choosing the Acta Atrium Palace for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your views with other TripAdvisor users! We are very glad that your enjoyed stay with us and would love to see you again when you return to Barcelona.

Thanks for the review!

Best regards,

Front Office Manager,
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were very much satisfied with services provided. We have got a room with a balcony and street view as was requested in our order. Very friendly and home like atmosphere. No complains at all. The picures of the hotel are realistic. Special thanks to Reception staff. They were very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: We lived in room 603 with a big balcony. Street facing rooms are a little bit noisy but it is not a...
london
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from.Barcelona had a great time the hotel acta atrium palace is superb situated locally 5mins from las ramblas. The hotel is clean and a great place to stay I would recommend to anyone we will definitely stay there again.........

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would stay there again if I came to Barcelona. i looked at dozens of hotels before my trip and i was very happy with my selection and the results (other than the bed being too firm for a 4 star ..or any...hotel).

In brief, the photos of the hotel on their website are accurate, it is close to a metro stop and short walk to Ramblas. The rooms are big, clean and modern, having thought about what a modern traveler needs. Bed is quite firm however (which is why I did not give 5 stars). Sound from the street was NOT an issue, despite some comments to the contrary. There is a café in the hotel and many restaurants within a few blocks. While I saw someone comment recently that they felt the hotel was not a 4 star hotel, I disagree and frankly cannot believe they were writing about the same hotel and stayed there about the same time. I dont see how our stay could be that different from what that other reviewer said. Also, as any FYI, I paid approximately $225 a night in May 2014, room only, which I thought was a fair rate for what I got and alternatives.

Here is more detail:

The location is pretty good. About a 15 minute walk to the center of the Ramblas and about a block and half to a Metro stop where you can get all over town. (The stop is for lines 2,3 and 4. But , line 3, the green line, is the one that goes all over, including to the middle of the Ramblas. But it is a long walk underground between the L2/L4 entrance right near the hotel and where the L3 trains are, which is actually right in front of the Casa Batllo. When we were lazy, we would take the L2 to Parel’al station, change to the green line (its literally a 1 min walk) and go two stops to the station in the middle of the Ramblas. Probably took about the same extra time on the metro line as walking the two extra blocks underground)

The rooms were large, and had two sinks. One sink in the bathroom and one outside it. Good amount of counter space. We opted for the rooms facing the street because of the balcony, which was very quaint (it’s a typical old style European standing balcony). Good desk with plenty of outlets to run laptop and charge phone etc at the same time. Not sure when they last remodeled but it all looked pretty new and thought about modern conveniences. Only complaint was the beds. They were quite firm. I sleep on a firm mattress at home and this had to be super firm. I don’t mean hard like plywood with a sheet, but it was firm. Worked ok for me as my back was hurting, but not everyone will like this. Room had a safe that even fit my laptop.

Some people complained about the noise from the street. I did not have an issue. I am a real light sleeper and any noise will keep me from falling asleep yet this was not a problem for me. The window/balcony doors, where quite good at sound proofing. That is not to say every sound was eliminated, but it was quite muffled. So much so that when the door was closed, during the day, I did not notice any sound. Only in the middle of the night when it was the sound equivalent of pitch black out did I hear the occasional truck drive by but only because there was no other sound (frankly my wife ruffling her sheets made about as much noise). (BTW, I did notice that they have bright lights on each balcony which light came through the curtains. However, they turned the lights off each night somewhere around 1am I think. )

Staff was very helpful and professional. In fact, i had made a mistake in my booking having booked a double but only 1 person (a little confusion on my part in booking using their website). Reception pointed it out but graciously agreed to honor the rate despite it being two of us without my even having to say anything (we were not having breakfast so its not like that really should have made a difference). Well done Acta.

Room Tip: front side with balcony. Its twin beds on the front, but they will push them together.
1 Thank Greg B
Atrium P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Greg B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We have taken note of all of your comments and, as with guest comments, they are a great asset for us in our quest to continually improve our installations and services.

We'd love to be your hosts on occasion of your nest visit to Barcelona!

Thanks and best regards,

Front Office Manager,
Albany, NY
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were so impressed with our 2007 stay at the Atrium Palace, that we immediately booked it for our 2014 return to Barcelona. Our assigned room, #312, was significantly smaller than our prior stay in #508. And the view was of a grimy space between the hotel and another building, and not the pleasant courtyard. of 508

That said, it was a spotless room with a comfortable bed and great shower. In addition, the Hallmark of this hotel is the staff, that exceed all expectations. The location is perfect, just a few blocks from the Placa da Catalunya, and the metro. It will be our choice again if we return to Barcelona.

Room Tip: inquire location upon arrival,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atrium P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear jhasko,

Thanks for taking the time to publish your review of the Acta Atrium Palace. It will be a real pleasure to be your hosts on occasion of your next Barcelona trip!

Thanks and best regards,