Catalonia Eixample 1864
HCC St. Moritz(Barcelona)
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Anna(Barcelona)
1,035 results
All reviewsnice hoteltwo blocksde graciarooftop poolbusiness tripexcellent breakfastexcellent locationopen the windowcleaned dailyminutes walkingcomfortable roomwould stay againwi fiwithin easy walking distancetop floorvisiting barcelonacentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the extensive breakfast buffet was very good including a chef that made omelettes on request. The rooms were clean and well kept up if not overly luxurious. The location was excellent. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 33traveler2010
malamany, Director General at Catalonia Eixample 1864, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the time you spent in write all this comments about our Hotel. It will help to other guests to know better Hotel catalonia Berna. We are so proud to cover your expectatives. Do not hesitate to contact us in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

the location is very good- 5 min from metro station, 20 min by foot from la rambla street.
there are 2 big supermarkets very close to the hotel.
the breakfast is awesome! we didn't want to leave the dining room ;)
the stuff was very nice and helpfull.
the room and the bathroom very clean.
overall its a great hotel and we sure will come back! very recommended!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sigi F

Dear guest,
we are so pleased with your comments. Thank you very much for the time you spent with. My staff and me are so proud to have satisfied your expectatives in the Hotel. We hope you visit the city soon, and our Hotel also. Kind regards

Reviewed 19 March 2013

2 minutes from 2 metro lines. Close to Casa Mila, Plaza catalunya and La Rambla.
Clean room with a nice bathroom.
Our room had stairs inside from the door in.
Friendly and helpful stuff. Free WiFi near the reception, a bit slow thou. Location.
The lock of the safe was broken. took them 3 days to fix it. 3 days our passports and money was kept by the reception...

Room Tip: Our room had stairs inside from the door in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lev_Tin

Dear guest,
thanks for your comments in Trip Advisor. It is the best quality barometer we could have. It helps us to know if we are in the right way. Do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you visit the city of Barcelona again. Best regards.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Nice clean hotel in a great location, about 10 mins,walk to cataluyna square. Very central, you can catch metro from catluyna sqare to all the main attractions in the city.
Rooms standard for large european cities, well maintained,clean.best rooms on inside, not on the road side, no airconditioning in the winter months, including march, not very cold so you must open the window for air,so best to get a room on the inside, no noise from the road
Breakfast very good andservice is great and very friendly. It is a small hotel, so no overcrowding.
All the staff speak good english. I recommend this hotel. Great features for central hotel in a very big and popular city.

Room Tip: Room on the inside not facing main road
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackbuny

Dear guest,
thank you very much for writing in Trip Advisor. It helps to my staff and also to new travellers who wants to reserve in our hotel. We are so pleased with your comments. Thank you very much. Do not hesitate to contact us if you visit the city again. Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a local. It is clean and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. I can't comment on location as I am here for business but other comments indicate it is well positioned for a tourist.
Breakfast was excellent, plentiful buffet with a good selection of hot and cold food.

Only downsides for the business traveller are;

Internet access while free is extremely slow. I peaked at 15 kb/s which is slower than dial up speed.

Also I had travelled for 29 hours from New Zealand to arrive just about midnight. They put me in a smoking room, which I was too tired to change until the next day. I asked for an iron and ironing board. This was a major problem. Apparently a previous guest had ironed on the bed and almost burnt the hotel down, so no irons were available.

This just doesn’t work for a business traveller. Apparently they have not heard of ironing boards here. All other hotels I stay in, budget to expensive manage to supply an iron and ironing board, but note here. Ironing board exporters, Spain could be a completely undeveloped market as they have not heard of them here.

So reasonable hotel let down by lack of minor amenities a business traveller takes for granted.

Room Tip: Try for an interior room as the road noise can be loud, even with double glazing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SimonBunn

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your comments in Trip Advisor. It has a great value for me. I am really pleased and I take note about your suggestion with the iron boards. In fact, for the moment we have not a good experience with the iron in the rooms. Please, contact us for your next times in Barcelona and we will show you we are worthy of your confidence. Kind regards.