Business in Barcelona, booked this hotel via the agency. 10 minutes walking to the main plaza and 30 minutes to the beach. I had a few nice warm late summer days, I even took a swim in the ocean. Wonderful architecture (go Gaudi, go!), great shopping, gazillions of tapas bars and restaurants and a cozy old town.
The hotel was a little disappointing. My room had no view at all and the sound insulation to the corridor was poor. The breakfast buffet was decent but not up to par for a 4 star hotel. There is no swimming pool or spa in the hotel, but you have free access to swimming pools at two hotels 10 and 15 minutes walk away. The hotel bar staff was extraordinary whimsy, forgetting orders, mixing tabs and overall not very friendly. In contrast, the desk staff and breakfast staff was always helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Eixample1864 is located in the heart of Barcelona, close to Passeig de Gracia and only a few minutes away from Plaza Catalunya and the city's old quarter. The hotel is situated in one of the first residential buildings built in Barcelona's Eixample district by Catalan architect Josep Cerda. Built in 1864 in an eclectic style of classical inspiration, it has been classified as a historic monument. The hotel is furnished in a modern and elegant style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Eixample 1864 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Berna Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Berna
- Catalonia Eixample 1864 Barcelona