I stayed at this hotel from June 27 - July 3, 2014. This was a perfect hotel. The hotel is conveniently located two blocks away from Passeig de Gracia (the street similar to Magnificent Mile, Madison Ave & 5th Avenue, and Champ d'Elysee). The metro/subway is only 2 blocks away also.
The room is very typical of any regular hotel room in Europe. It was tastefully decorated, modern, very clean, and decent beds. The water pressure in the shower was awesome. The room was on the smaller side but that's typical of most European hotels. Please remember to bring a washcloth as the hotel does not supply them. Only hand towels and large towels are supplied. Basic toiletries are supplied on a daily basis (shampoo, conditioner, soap, and shower cap). Also, there was an iron and ironing board in our room. Housekeeping will bring it to your room upon request. However, there was a day that it was in use by the hotel. The hotel will iron your cloths at a cost. We were quoted 8 euros for a pair of pants. I would bring a travel size steamer. The air doesn't work as well hotels in the states. Be prepared. I would recommend a room that has windows on the exterior so you can open the window. There was a breeze in the evenings even in June/July.
The hotel staff far exceeded my expectations. They were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They also had very pleasant attitudes.
The hotel breakfast cost 16 euros/day. The breakfast fell far below by expectations. I am from the U.S. and didn't like most of the food. If it's included in your daily stay, I would go down for coffee and a pastry. Otherwise, go to a bakery. There are many close by.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Eixample1864 is located in the heart of Barcelona, close to Passeig de Gracia and only a few minutes away from Plaza Catalunya and the city's old quarter. The hotel is situated in one of the first residential buildings built in Barcelona's Eixample district by Catalan architect Josep Cerda. Built in 1864 in an eclectic style of classical inspiration, it has been classified as a historic monument. The hotel is furnished in a modern and elegant style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Eixample 1864 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Berna Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Berna
- Catalonia Eixample 1864 Barcelona