The hotel is really close to the centre (Las Ramblas is 10 mins on foot). So it's very convenient. Also, La Pedrera and Sagrada Familia are within walking distance.
The room itself is very nice (looks expensive), the bathroom has a nice green marble and nice bathtub. The best thing are the pillows that are really confortable. However, the bed is short. For me it was ok but someone over 1.85 might have a problem. There's a big TV and a minibar (also a safe if someone needs it - I guess it costs extra).
There's a small but amazing swimming pool on the rooftop. It's sides are made of glass and therefore you can see those swimming in it :D Great place for funny photos!
The staff is kind and helpful (brought me some pool towels to the room immediately). I only give it a 4 because we found some hair in the bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Eixample1864 is located in the heart of Barcelona, close to Passeig de Gracia and only a few minutes away from Plaza Catalunya and the city's old quarter. The hotel is situated in one of the first residential buildings built in Barcelona's Eixample district by Catalan architect Josep Cerda. Built in 1864 in an eclectic style of classical inspiration, it has been classified as a historic monument. The hotel is furnished in a modern and elegant style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Eixample 1864 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Berna Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Berna
- Catalonia Eixample 1864 Barcelona