“We love this place!”

Ranked #357 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Sofia, Bulgaria
“We love this place!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We (me and my family) have been staying at this hotel for 4-5 years now every time we visit Barcelona. This is my first choice when I go to Barcelona on business too. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is among the friendliest and most professional ones I have ever come upon, the interior design of the lobby is both convenient and impressing with well measured style... I can't remember any single instance of bad or even mediocre treatment there. I love the location too (on Calvet, close to Diagonal). For God's sake, they also keep a room or two for smokers like me! A real pleasure!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Located in a pleasant residential neighborhood just on the edge of central Barcelona, I found nothing particularly off-putting about this hotel, though nothing to "write home about" either. Overall, picking this hotel is a price vs location decision - i.e. you're willing to be slightly outside the very center (15 mins walk) in exchange for a clean room that does not cost 400 Euros. As mentioned in another review, there's a good selection of restaurants nearby, as well as a metro stop.

The hotel does provide the very basics, only. Just two towels in the bathroom, no in-room safe, only 1 or 2 international TV channels, and perhaps the most basic offering of all: the breakfast "buffet", which everyone in our party had a good laugh at. The walls were indeed thin and the rooms small but we were rarely in them except at the end of a long, exhausting day whereafter we slept like the dead...

I found the service to be very friendly - no complaints there. Very quick drive to/from the airport.

Nothing to risk here, just don't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ironrooster73
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Decent boutique hotel not far from many Barcelona sites (taxi ride needed) like Gothic area & Sagrada Familia. Not many amenities (no in-room coffee maker, no in-room safe, no hotel), but current/trendy, clean & functional. Although room had 2 twin beds instead of a king, the bed was very comfortable. In-room Internet not great though.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jill M
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I've never had this experience. Booked the hotel to include breakfast for two. The front desk said I only paid for one and tried charging an additional 10euro. I explained this was incorrect and showed the booking on my phone. Thought it was taken care of. We were then required to send it to them over email or we had to sign the current charge extra 10euro charge. Nice customer service! Check-in aside, the hotel is quite... a nice change from Sevilla and Granada AC Hotels. No close metro stop so be prepared to walk 10+ minutes. A few nice coffee shops and lots of shopping close by on Diagonal. Also, suggest visiting Daps, an excellent restaurant on corner of Diagonal.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanFortune
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Located on the quiet side of Barcelona... but a good restaurants around the hotel.
Buffet Breakfast is limited... Complimentary Coffee, Tea and Sodas available almost the whole day. Reception, especially Marcus, was very friendly and helpful.
We will definitely stay here again.
WIFI is free in the Lobby.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Chertsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I have just returned from a one-night stay at this hotel and wanted to warn about the lack of security at hotel. I very narrowly missed having my handbag stolen while working on my laptop in the hotel lobby at 9.30am. I turned to plug in the lead of my laptop and out the corner of my eye saw a man drop his fleece jacket by my chair - as he picked it up he also picked up my handbag (using his jacket as cover). He realised I'd seen him said sorry and quickly left the hotel. The only staff member on reception was busy dealing with a party of 8-10 people about to leave the hotel and so was unaware of this 'intruder'. This whole incident spoilt my view of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cat642238
Stuart, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Great hotel, small, but CLEAN rooms. Excellent location , near on-off bus. Friendly, courteous staff. We Would definitely stay again. Price was fair & included a great breakfast. Most European Hotels are small, however the AC IRLA was quite delightful. Front staff were welcoming & went out of their way

Room Tip: We were on 5 h floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
AC Hotel Diagonal L"Illa
Vincci Mae
#224 of 513 in Barcelona
AC Hotel Som
#4 of 10 in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Been to AC Hotel Irla? Share your experiences!