“perfect for barca fans”

Ranked #278 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Bucharest, Romania
“perfect for barca fans”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We love this hotel for the perfect location close to Nou Camp , because we went to Barcelona
for some of their games. The hotel staff is nice and friendly . Breakfast is great , a lot of choices,
We do like everything about this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irene_guide
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your complete review as this is the best way to improve the quality of our service and know your perception of our product and even more important, the quality and kindness of our service.

We will take into account your impressions about breakfast service and our staff. Make sure that I will pass on this comment to them, as our main interest is to achieve that all our guests leave the hotel with a wonderful memory of their stay.
We are at your disposal and we hope you can come to visit us soon.

Gerente

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oviedo, Spain
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came to this hotel for a weekend with my wife and son. We booked a double room, which I understood would have a small bed or something for the kid. We were not that lucky. Instead we had two small individual beds. The kid had to sleep with one of us, which was bad for all. We were told to pay a supplement for a triple, which was 20 euros. I think the information was misleading when I booked so I didn't want to pay.
The beds are more comfortable than they seem. However there is a problem with the duvet. It is just to small so if you are 6 feet or taller you may have problems to sleep completely covered. It was a bigger problem for me with the kid inside my bed of course.
The room is clean and the bathroom is all I needed. Nothing special but just as expected. I had a big flat TV and you have some free water, which is called "free minibar". No soundproofing.
The breakfast is just regular. Not bad, not good.
I didn't try the spa, because I was a bit angry with the hotel because of my misunderstanding about the kid and I didn't want to pay them an extra 19 euros per person. I did try the swimming pool at the roof. It was nice, but the water was cold as ice.
Some workers were very nice, some were not. So I have mixed feelings about this. I think it depends how lucky you are.
Communications are not bad. The subway is a bit far (about 800 meters, some 10 min walking), but theres a bus stop just in front of the hotel which is very practical. Camp nou is about 10 min walking.
The price was reasonable for Barcelona.
All in all, I want to be fair, so I think 3 stars is reasonable. The hotel has 4 stars actually. I think this is not realistic. 3 stars is fair.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids you need to book a bed for the kid.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Edudata
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review as this is the best way to know our guests’ feelings during their stay, marking us the way to obtain a product adapted to everyone’s needs.

As your comment said, although our hotel is not located in the city center, we have a good situation to take many public transports.
According to your reservation, we gave you the room you booked.
Our double room can two adults and one child for free provided, always sharing beds.
As my colleague explained you during your check in, in case you wish an extra bed, you should pay an extra charge.

Anyway, we are really sorry for your bad experience with us, we will take in account all your impression and we will keep working to achieve all our guests enjoy their stay at the hotel.

We are at your disposal and hope you can come to visit us soon.

Stockport
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for one night last week to attending a business meeting, Hotel is typical large city business type. Pool is on the roof and was a little shabby but may look attractive on a hot day and its free, spa is EXTRA...
Bar area was nice in the foyer, but the barman was miserable and closed the bar without warning, beers could be bought from the reception after this for 2.5 euros. Staff at reception were very helpful and spoke good english.
Disappointed to have to pay 20 euros for parking, this seemed a lot excessive.
Breakfast was large buffet, typical of this type of hotel and very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Phil3865
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment, as it is very important for us to know the impressions and opinions of our guests.
We are glad to know that you had a nice stay with us. We would like you to come back and repeat a good experience in any of our hotels, where you can get some advantages for having been with us before, advantages concerning the spa and parking, among others.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we hope to see you again very soon meanwhile we will keep working to achieve all our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A long weekend at The Senator is 'spot on' Located on the outskirts of the city, but within easy reach of the city centre by a very good transport system and reasonably priced to match.
The room was good and the free. Mini Bar with water and Pepsi's was a bonus, replenished each day.
Staff were helpful and sorted out most minor problems we had during our time at this hotel.
Beds were 'A ' star comfort and the room was on the first floor and quiet. TV options and programmes were satisfactory.
The was no lunch or evening meal on offer but restaurants are to be found around the area.
Breakfast was worth having and generally sets you up for the day!
Nou Camp for the footballers is close to the hotel.
Note: to get an airport shuttle from The Senator hotel on your departure day. You need to book it the DAY BEFORE . This was something that reception staff did not tell us .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingman00710
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed staying in our hotel as much as your review says. Your comment makes us feel really proud of our daily work, with the only goal of meeting our guests’ needs.

We apologize because I think there was a misunderstanding; our bar is open every day from 10:30 to 24:00, Friday and Saturday until 1am. There, you we offer to our guest a prepared Menu. If you prefer to taste typical Spanish food, we can recommend you many restaurants around the Hotel

Finally thank you for all the time taken to express his experience will take a note of each one of these aspects and will continue working every day to offer our guests a better service.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived after a long travel on the metro and walking around as couldn't find the hotel (it is in the middle of a housing estate). We were told that the room was ready for us, this was a surprise as we were early for check in. The lady on reception was very helpful and made sure we knew all about Barcelona and told us everything we needed to know about the hotel.

Once getting into our room, it was stunning. Very clean and tidy. Also was equip with a free mini bar and free wifi for your whole stay with them which i was very impressed with. The only thing I would say is that they need to put milk in the room for the tea/coffee making facilities. But other than that the room was perfect. Just be prepared for not many English channels on the TV.

Breakfast in the morning was to die for. Everything you could ever want, from hams and cheeses to full English cooked. I couldn't fault breakfast it set us up for a whole day of exploring in Barcelona and was lovely.

The only thing that both me and my boyfriend were disappointed about was that they didn't serve dinner or lunch. On our first night we would have loved a quiet sit down meal in the hotel instead we had to find somewhere else to eat after being tired and not in the mood.

Unfortunately I didn't get to use the spa facilities as we ran out of time on the holiday to fit everything in. However the roof top pool and area around it is beautiful and was lovely to sit up there on our last day enjoying the last part of the sun.

The transfer service to the airport the hotel run is really good and only cost 9 euros. However we were told it was an hours journey to the airport when really it only takes about 15 mins which meant we were at the airport very early and could have spent this time in Barcelona.

On the whole the hotel was very lovely and staff were excellent. I asked for a few things to be put in my room while I was there and it was done instantly. Very good service. Loved my stay here, would recommend to a friend and stay again myself. Thank you for a lovely holiday.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emma C
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments emphasizing you felt really comfortable during your stay. Make our guests feel comfortable is one of our main objectives.

It is a pleasure for us to know everything about the room lived up to your expectations, and that you had such a good feeling with us as you mention in your review.
As for the shuttle service, as we indicated you when making your reservation, is not a hotel service. We just manage the reservation for you, not knowing if the shuttle will have any other stop at other hotels.

I would like to repeat our gratitude and hope we can meet you soon in any of our establishments.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is literally less than ten minutes from the Nou Camp, so is ideal for those who wish to check out the biggest stadium in Europe. The hotel itself is mostly well designed, the hallway and reception area is modern, the bar is stylish and it's situated in a pleasant part of Barcelona. The only slight criticism I would have is that the decor in the room I stayed in was slightly tired and old fashioned. Also, the hallway leading to the rooms, could do with some improvements. Other than that friendly staff, and great location would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryan H
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear guest,
I am glad to hear you found the easy connections to the most popular places, as metro and specially bus station are nearby, making it easier to move around despite the not so central location, being a quieter choice though for those looking to switch off.
As for the decor of the rooms, an aspect that is usually quite likes our guests, but it is not something that can be considered objectively.
We really appreciate your comments about for the rest of our equipments and our staff. Your comment makes us feel really proud of our daily work, with the only goal of meeting our guests’ needs and it´s a pleasure for us to answer all questions anytime to help all our guests.

The whole Playasenator team is at your disposal and we hope you come back to visit us on another occasion. Meanwhile we will keep working to achieve all our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Essex, UK
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed for the Barce game and was great for that. Easy enough to get around on the metro if you need to as the local area is very quiet and not good for much.
The hotel staff here are very pleasant. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast was quite good. The coffee was excellent.

***One major point - if you book a room for 2 Adults and one child (under 12) they will only give you 2 single beds or one large bed. I complained about this and they said this is also highlighted on their website. I still haven't found it.

But who in their right mind would do this! No one would book it that way. It's a con and Alpha Rooms (who I booked through) should take this option off or make sure travellers know about this at time of booking. Once you are there they will charge you a lot more for any upgrade then at time of booking. This is more the hotel's incorrect policy. If you Senator Barcelona Spa guys are reading this change this. This really lets you down.

I have booked loads of hotels in this way and always got an additional bed. Sometimes a child bed but that is fairly normal. I even told them my child was 11 years at time of booking.

Rant over.

I would book again but make sure I do the rooms differently.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Akp71
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,
First I would like to present our most sincere apologies for the incident occurred during your stay at the Hotel Spa Senator Barcelona.
As you indicated in your comments, you booked a room for two adults and a child. Let me explain you that our hotel offers the possibility to book double rooms with free child, as long as share existing beds with adults. You could find this information on our website.
We regret that our proposed upgrade to solve your problem is not to your liking. We always try to help our guests in everything that we can.
Anyway, if you are coming back to visit us in Barcelona, we recommend you to contact us before your arrival, then we will have enough time to confirm which kind of room you booked and all the conditions.

Finally, I really appreciate your comments towards our establishment, our cleaning service and our staff; we are at your disposal and hope you can come to visit us soon. In the meantime we will keep working to achieve all our guests enjoy their stay at the hotel.