“Best location ever!”

Ranked #440 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Manningtree, United Kingdom
“Best location ever!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Booked the hotel as part of our honeymoon. I mentioned this when booking. I think we got the best room out of all! AMAZING views over las ramlbas. Clean and nice throughout. Breakfast was very good - really loads of choice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Price very very competitive! I booked only two days before arrival, and it was a bargain! Only downside, the double bed was actually two singles pushed together. But as we didn't spend too much time in hotel anyway - all you need! Would definitely recommend and use again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aviano, Italy
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My location at the Hotel Medium Menegal Barcelona was really nice. I stayed for 3 nights, so I had a very basis small room & bathroom which is fine as there is a lot to see in Barcelona center. The room is one bed with tv, a closet, a lock box and a night stand; the bathroom is clean provided w/ clean towels and a bath tub. The room don't have a mini fridge, or hair blower (ask front desk for one). If you need to keep in touch with family and friend Wi Fi is available from you room. You need a adapter to be able to plug something. You can hear you next door neighbor, but that don't matter if you will be outside. The hotel front desk is tiny, but the staff was very nice, well organized, and explained everything about Barcelona tourism and warned me about pickpocket. They gave me maps, directions to sights, and restaurant suggestions. Also, Continental breakfast is not inclued unless you made the arragment to have it on your package. Plenty of cafeteria (coffee shops) to eat breakfast outside the hotel like Starbucks coffee. The hotel location is in the heart of Plaza Catalunya, so for there is an easy access to metro, bus line, and taxi everywhere. For shopping center you can find H&m, Zara, Mango, Massimo Duty, Desigual, Bershka, and El Corte Ingles. All next to you!! Walking will be your daily workout. Bring a hat, glasses, sunblock and bottle of water. Barcelona center is really hot during the day and a little cooler at night. The nightlife of Barcelona is unbelievable awsome. When I arrived to BCN airport I took the a Taxi. It cost me around 25 Euro one trip, It left me in front of the hotel. Later on, I found out there is a Aerobus that can take you from the airport to Plaza Cantalunya (front of the hotel) for 5,90 Euro. It take 30 minutes the route. If you leaving to the airport look what terminal you leaving, their is (T1) Terminal 1 or (T2) Terminal 2. Overall for a 2 star hotel it was more than acceptable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Elizabeth V
Barcelona
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The location of the Hotel Monegal, Barcelona was superb. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The staff overseeing the breakfast area were aloof, detached from the guests and indifferent to people eating in the restaurant. On one occasion I observed a waitress walk very close to my table containing my food carrying a stack of rubbish positioned precariously in her hands. She appeared oblivious to the proximity of the rubbish and my un-eaten breakfast.

The single room was basic and clean. The window overlooked a small enclosed court yard and faced a brick wall. I am glad that I did not need to stay in the room for long periods. I used it for sleeping, washing and showers.

I would not stay at this hotel for longer periods. It was functional for a short stay only.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Don't be fooled by the photo. Our room had no window that could be opened due to the stench that came from the back alley. The room is so small you can barely pass each other and the bathroom is so small you need to get changed outside it. It is too close to Las Ramblas and the noise is constant. The number of pedestrians make it almost impossible to cross the footpath to get into the hotel. It is also expensive form what you get. On the plus side the staff were helpfuyl. My advice is not to stay there unless you are desperate.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Roberto C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Medium Monegal, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Ms Pam

many thanks for your review. We really appreciated your positive feedback about the service given by our staff.

By the other side we should ask for apologize if we did not meet your expectations. This is primarily our responsibility. Nevertheless, we would like to point out that the inconvenience you experienced are likely due to the particular location of our hotel. In the centre of Barcelona, hotel rooms are averagely smaller than in other neighborhoods and of course noise due to big crowds is remarkably higher. In this context our hotel has the same problems of our competitors since a small percentage of rooms are quite small. Notwithstanding we are glad to offer a product usually rated as good value for money: in fact, if you look at the rates of the hotels in the city centre you will find the hotel medium monegal as one of the cheapest.

Thanks again for the time you took to evaluate our hotel. Hope you may stay again in some hotel of our chain.

Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights but on different times. Both nights were in room 412. First night was before my cruise & second night was after my cruise due to the the days of my flight.
Very basis small room & bathroom which is fine as lots to see & do in Barcelona. It was clean, tidy, good choice for breakfast also. Breakfast was self service. Great location.
Main downside was the paper thin walls so you could hear next door speaking & when people were coming & going during the night very noisey. Very hot also in the room with the wool blanket over the sheet even with the window open.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel. We stayed in room 210, great direct view to la ramblas and plaza catalunya were superb. The hotel building was old but clean and spacious for 3 adults. The bathroom was clean with a bath-up. The hotel staff was very nice, well organized, and explained everything about Barcelona tourism and warned us about pickpocket. The staff printed our sagrada familia online - tickets with no charges.

Yes, because hotel location is in the hearth of hustle bustle of Barcelona, you will always near noise from street. But we don't mind, we kind enjoy it and view to plaza catalunya at night was unbeatable. Mc Donald and Burger King were next to the hotel. For shopaholic; H&m, Zara, Mango, Massimo Duty, Desigual, and Bershka, were in neighborhood. Metro was on the front door of the hotel.

We booked the hotel 5 months before, directly email to the hotel. The reservation process was easy, no cancelation fee, no deposit guarantee.

We love this hotel, and fall in love for second time. Absolutely, we will be back for third times.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family