“Worst Hotel - Ever!”
Review of Pension Dali-

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Pension Dali-
Ranked #453 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Los Angeles
“Worst Hotel - Ever!”
Reviewed 23 October 2006

This was by far the worst lodging experience I have ever had, anywhere. I had reserved a room for one night, received confirmation and had at a later date extend my reservation by two days. They lost the reservation for the final two days of my stay. That turned out to be a blessing, though they did nothing to try and help me find alternate reservations. Then again, I would not have trusted any suggestion they made.

This was the only hotel during my stay in Spain where I felt the need to put a chair (and the table) in front of my door when I went to bed. The room was not clean, the bathroom was beyond filthy. The shower did not drain and by the time the water was hot the shower pan was almost overflowing. There was only one electrical outlet, in the bathroom.

The only thing this place has going for it is location and that alone is not a selling point for me. The pictures make this place look so much better than it is.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't trust photos.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank HikingCook

Philadelphia
Reviewed 10 October 2006

We were supposed to stay here for three nights, but only stayed one. My husband and I have stayed in some pretty utilitarian places over the years, but this was by far the worst. We have never cancelled a reservation after seeing the condition of the accommodations, so this was a first for us.

I guess our first clue should have come when we had a really hard time making a reservation. The reason it was so difficult, is because the e-mail address on the pension's site was no longer operational. I finally had to call, and then the front desk person provided me with a functional e-mail address. It would not have taken much effort to update the web site. Last time I checked, the incorrect address is still listed on the site.

The room only had one electrical outlet, and this was in the bathroom. Forget plugging in a computer, or any other device for that matter. In addition, we were told that internet service was available in the lobby but, when we got there, we were told that they "used to have it" but it's been broken for a while and needs to be fixed.

If we hadn't brought ear plugs, we wouldn't have gotten any sleep. The noise from outside was constant until about 4 or 5:00am.

The location is appealing, but there are lots of hotels and pensions near la Rambla, so the Pension Dali is not unique in this regard, and its location alone would be no reason to book here. Also, there's really nothing about Dali that is reflected in the pension, except a picture of him that hangs over the front desk.

Some of the front desk people acted like we were a bother, for example, the one that was sleeping on the couch when we went downstairs.

While the room smelled strongly of bleach, there was mold growing on the toilet tank and between the shower tiles. There was also a pile of dirt under the radiator, which suggested that the room hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in quite some time. The tub was so small, we kept feeling like we were going to slip and fall if we moved.

The price for a double room with private bathroom was 59 Euros per night, which is approximately $74.00. The room we got was worth maybe (MAYBE!) 30 Euros per night ($38).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room, bed, noise, staff, dirt, lack of electrical outlets, etc.
  • Tips/Secrets — Hotels in Barcelona don't provide alarm clocks, so bring your own.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank JourneyKat

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels