“Great location!”

and 1 more site!
Ideal Youth Hostel
Ranked #428 of 735 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been in this hostel with other 3 friends for 3 nights in a 8 beds room. Great location, very close to La Rambla, it's perfect for young people who want to stay out late at night. Good atmosphere, not very clean to tell the truth, but absolutely friendly and helpful receptionists. Even though the first day I found my padlock broken, I would recommend it as a cheap and convenient place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reputation M, Front Office Manager at Ideal Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Hi Jenny, thanks a lot for your kind comment. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your staying in our hostel. We hope to see you soon! Many greetings from IYH

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Front staff very helpful. Rooms were relatively clean, AC gets turned off at 8am which was a bit annoying.

Very good for students/travellers,young vibe. Decent location.

Would recommend for a cheap stop over

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reputation M, Front Office Manager at Ideal Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Hello Omar, thanks for your comment and for choosing IYH for your stay. We hope to see you soon in Barcelona.Many greetings

Reviewed 25 June 2014

It is the perfect place to stay in Barcelona for young people! People at the reception are so helpful and friendly (and speak nearly all languages). Wifi is good and free. There are also computers at your service at the loby. Breakfast is nice and fairly enough. Location is PERFECT!! In the heart of La Rambla, and just a 2 minute walk from the metro station. Would stay there again for sure.

1  Thank Hsn24
Ideal H, Front Office Manager at Ideal Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2014

Hi Hsn24, thank you so much for your kind words, we are very glad to read it and we are happy taht you enjoyed your time in Barcelona and in our hostel. We Hope to see you soon. Many greetings froom our staff.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I really recommand you the IYH ! Realy good location( near to the beach ans also the placa catalunya), the service is corrrect and finally you met lot of people! It s was really cool and i will return their for sure !

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Sofia, thanks a lot for giving us your feedback! We are very happy to read it. We hope to have you again here with us soon. Best regards from our staff.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The location is great, just on one of the side streets off La Rambla so within walking distance of Placa de la Catalunya as well as the beaches and harbour. The hostel itself was good value, pretty basic but good for the small price tag. Has a couple of different small social areas: one with couches, one with tables like a canteen which also had three computers and some more couches out at the reception area. I stayed in an eight bed dorm which was clean, but was empty bar me for two of the four nights I stayed. This suited me fine but maybe wouldn't suit people who were looking to make a lot of friends. The hostel in general was pretty quiet but that may just have been due to the time of year. Bed linen was provided and a suitably sized locker so I didn't need to carry my bag about all the time. There was only one electrical socket by the door in the room which didn't cause me any problems but I feel if the room had been full this would have been a nightmare. As mentioned in other reviews, the wifi only worked in the social area, and while I can understand this helps promote chatting with other travellers, it would have been nice sometimes to be able to Skype home in private or use the internet before going to bed. The toilet facilities were okay - they consisted of two toilet cubicles and two showers within one bathoom. The toilet cubicles weren't big enough to sit down and close the door though which was a bit strange and meant you had to close the main bathroom door instead. Despite the fact I know a lot of people hung out on the roof at night I never heard any noise when I was in my room. I wasn't too sure about the club organiser - I felt like it ended up just being two of us hanging out with him and his friend which made me a bit uncomfortable and it seemed like the guys from I love Barcelona might have had much better numbers and provided a more professional and fun experience. Overall I had a great time at this hostel and I would consider returning in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reputation M, General Manager at Ideal Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Thank you so much for giving us your positive feedback about our hostel! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Barcelona. We hope to see you again in our city. Kind regards from the staff.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great spot, located near the train station and many bars ! Staff is incredibly helpful, if you want an amazing night out the club organizer Kay will show you an awesome time!! Can't wait until I come back in July

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi Paigetyyler, thanks a lot for giving us your positive feedback. We wait for you here in Barcelona! See you soon. Our best wishes from Ideal Youth Hostel.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Won't find a better location! Next to the rambla, the beach, and city centre. This makes for a safe area for single travelers, which was important for me as a females solo traveler. Not the best sleep as people are up and at it almost 24/7.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hello Victoria, thanks a lot for your comment and we hope to see you soon again in Barcelona! Many greetings from our staff.