Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
US$491
US$191
US$150
  • Pool
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$280
  • Beachfront
US$325
getaroom.com
3,967 results
All reviewssants stationtop floorvisual restaurantcorner roomexpo hotelmain stationrooftop restaurantdouble sinkswalk in showerentire cityexcellent hotelmetro systemeuros per personstandard roomnou campbooked this hoteltourist bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights in early September, for my first trip to Barcelona.

I'd asked for a quiet room and was given one on the 9th floor which was fine as could not really hear the traffic. The room was a good size and the bathroom had a separate bath and wet room.

My only gripe is that on check in I didn't feel the room was that clean and on my first day for some reason the room didn't get serviced by the chambermaid, which I raised with reception but had no problems after that. I found the staff very helpful and friendly overall.

My booking didn't include breakfast and I didn't eat dinner at the hotel so can't comment on the food but I did venture up to the restaurant on the 23rd floor and it does have an amazing view.

The room had wi fi but there is also a business centre where you can check emails and print. Next to this is the spa which was excellent - the pool is small but has arrange of hydrotherapy functions which were great to use after a hard day's sightseeing.

The hotel is located a very short walk from the main station. The area itself is not particularly exciting - there are some restaurants within walking distance of the hotel but better ones are slightly further afield (though I did eat at Terra L'escuda in Place De Sants which a local resident took me to and was fantastic Catalan cuisine, populated by locals more than tourists).

If you're travelling on the Metro to see the city then the hotel is in a great location, and it's easy to get to from the airport..

Room Tip: choose a room higher up
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank There_Goes_The_Fear
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Torre Catalunya for a week and our stay there was wonderful. The room are clean with a great room service. The metro station ( Sant Estacio) is right across the street which is really very convenient.
The breakfast (continental) is very good. We never tried lunch/dinner as A. it's little pricy and B. we wanted to try other restaurants.
The view from the 23rd floor is awesome. You can see pretty much entire Barcelona.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel also as free printer on -2 level where I would print the tickets to the tourist attractions all the time.
I totally recommend this place !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Really nice hotel in a good spot next to the main train station/metro,with friendly helpful staff. Great breakfast well worth the extra 13 euro per day,
Only down side was the really really lousy music in the bar. and the prices charged, eg small + medium beer 11 euro, small + large beer 10 euro, 2 beefeater gin & tonic 18 euro next day 23.50 euro. Really nice gin and tonic though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keith l
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed for 5 nights. We came to this hotel due to the good reviews we saw on this site.

The posotive things:
There is a nice view from the room, we had a corner room with a nice view to the mountains and the sea. Also the staff service was very helpfull and nice. metro stations and a train to the airport are across the street.

Negative things:
We were dissappionted that the room wasn't very clean, we found hair on one of the towels. one time we also found that the cleaning women forgot the sheets she replaced at the room. also the hotel is a bit far from the main attractions of the city so you need to take the metro every time you want to go out. in addition the hotel is on a main street so its a bit noisy at night despite being at a high floor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I visited Barcelona 23rd August - 28th August and can honestly say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! It is experience luxurious and spacious. Me and 2 family members decided to book a family room so we could all stay together and it was the biggest room ever! It was the size of peoples apartments.
We had breakfast and being a vegetarian and I think I will have many options but I was wrong. There were 2 different types of potatoes, scrambled and fried eggs and baked beans along with a vast selection of pastries, spanish omelettes, cakes, cereal, fruit and yoghurts. The juices were also lovely and my personal favourite was the peach juice which I have been searching for ever since I came back home but haven't had any luck. I therefore highly recommend adding breakfast onto your stay as it really sets you up for the day and the views from the top floor of the hotel are just breathtaking. On our last morning we actually saw the sun rise which was incredible.

We had room service one night which was delicious and very reasonably priced. During our stay there was a funfair next to the hotel which was brilliant as they sold chips, candy floss on sticks, popcorn, crepes and sweets. We visited here every night after dinner.
The metro station is just opposite the hotel which made sight seeing very easy. We managed to get a 4 day metro pass for 70 euros all together which was fantastic and so useless as you will use the metro constantly to get around Barcelona. The metro was very easy to navigate, the trains were big, air conditioned and everyone was very friendly and always offered to give up their seat for my mother who uses crutches.

There are a few restaurants located near the hotel. We ate at Roma twice which is behind the hotel and did lovely food for a very good price. Everything was hand made and very well presented along with the staff being very polite and friendly.

I also highly recommend visiting the Magic Fountain which is a 10 min walk down the road or on 2 metro stops. It was amazing but very crowded so be careful! Also it is only open a few day a week so please check before setting off to see it.

Overall a fantastic hotel. The free cocktail was a lovely welcome gesture and the bar had a great atmosphere. I also enjoyed the free robe and slippers!! The staff were so friendly, polite and helpful and will go out of their way to help you with anything.

I hope to visit Barcelona again and would definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Request a room on higher up floors. We were on floor 16 and has incredible views over Barcelona.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family