Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$346
US$370
US$354
Hotels.com
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$378
US$355
US$512
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$223
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$266
HotelsClick
3,966 results
All reviewssants stationtop floorvisual restaurantcorner roomexpo hotelmain stationrooftop restaurantdouble sinkswalk in showerentire cityexcellent hotelmetro systemeuros per personstandard roomnou campbooked this hoteltourist bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hotel itself is nice enough, clean and tidy, nothing to complain about it, however the customer service is hideous! I am not a rude person and I was nothing but pleasant to all members of staff I came across, however I just got shrugged at, laughed at, talked at behind my back (next time you might want to quieten your voice!) and they didn't care at all about there guests. I have a disabled 5 year old daughter and every grown adult should know better!! I was absolutely mortified, and even worse as it was coming from the staff! she is 5! Absolutely disgraceful! They want to do nothing, take your money and nothing else!
I travel hotels for a living and and I have never come across such bad customer service in the 23 years I've travelling!
I will not be returning, EVER! and will never recommend you to anyone, I have already convinced 2 couples not to come and stay with you in the summer! And 2 booking agencies have taken you off there books!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Sasha D
EstherTC, Director General at Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear travellers,

After reading the above comment, there’s nothing to do but confirm this is, without a doubt, one of the most unbelievable and embarrassing moments in my whole career as hotelier for the last 15 years.

In a hotel like ours, the single goal is to care for our guests, make them feel at home, safe and cherished. At the sight of these words, never so far. I have struggled to find the most little piece of information about the related experience this traveller has shared, trying to put some light on it, trying to understand it… and I have not been able to identify when, to who or how this situation happened.

We are extremely worried, completely deceived and stunned. Sure as I am that all the good reviews we have been gifted with in the past are not a random fruit, but the result of a conscious work for excellence, it is obvious that something went terribly wrong with this guest, and there are not enough words on earth to express my personal concern and apologies.

Since there has been no way to acknowledge the name or stay of the guest, it is my due to declare that I will be personally attending any direct communication of this traveller in the pursuit of the last truth, willing to take the requested measures to correct and prevent situations like these in the future.

I remain at this community entire disposal, as always.

Yours faithfully,

Esther Comin

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We stay there for 6 nights during the summer. It was by far the best hotel during our trip to Europe. The location is fantastic with easy access to public transportation and train. The rooms are huge, specially considering that that is not the standard in Europe. It is perfect for families. We definitely will go back when we return to Amazing Barcelona.

Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank LGS26
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I booked a three night stay. In my opinion, the best and worst of Torre Catalunya is its location. Conveniently located to the Central Station, which was a good fit for us since we utilized the metro and To/From the airport. The worst part is that it is relatively far from many of the "great" sights of Barcelona. Taxis and/or the metro are a must. If we make it back to Barcelona, we may consider splitting the difference between the station and historical Barcelona. The staff was friendly. Room was the best we've stayed at in Europe, but they provided a free upgrade :). Breakfast was great, more options then I expected, and situated on the top floor of the hotel. Great views! Overall we were satisfied with our stay. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. Would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flyboy21
Reviewed 20 January 2014

One point I want to say is that The hotel is to allow kids to use the pool and spa. My daughter-11 years- was disappointed because of her age restriction under 16 years. This was the one that I was not satisfied with. All other things was best.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank koreankim
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed again at the Torre Catalunya...the night before a cruise. Exceptional help and service by Edward on the front desk, and the provision of an excellent room on a higher floor.
The hotel is perfectly placed if you are travelling in from the airport...right on the 'Sants Plaza'. Breakfast is provided at a reasonable cost in a restaurant with amazing views over the city. Some say have breakfast in the local cafes...but you can end up paying a similar price for less provision and no selection. (I paid almost 16 euros for two coffees and two eggs on toast for two people..only because we slept in and missed the breakfast time). Staff are really helpful throughout, room very clean: nowhere better to stay if you want good travel links and a degree of comfort.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the upgrade on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends