Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
Hotel Granvia(Barcelona)
US$277
US$260
Musik Boutique Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$361
US$242
US$227
  • Pool
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$174
  • Beachfront
US$373
US$325
3,961 results
All reviewssants stationtop floorvisual restaurantcorner roomexpo hotelmain stationrooftop restaurantdouble sinkswalk in showerentire cityexcellent hotelmetro systemeuros per personstandard roomnou campbooked this hoteltourist bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved our recent stay at this hotel. On our first night, we arrived quite late at night (after midnight) - the clerk on the from desk was very helpful, and gave us a free upgrade to a suite.

We has a corner room on the 18th floor, with absolutely stunning views over Barcelona. We could see for miles - over the sea, the city and the mountains. We found the location to very convenient for the metro system, which was very clean and efficient. It was very easy to get pretty much everywhere we wanted to go to.

On our first evening, we went down to the bar for a drink, and shared a club sandwich which was yummy. The measures in our drink were very generous as well.

On the second day of our visit, we had a massage in the spa, and used the water facilities. This was very enjoyable, and a good way to relax.

The bed was huge, and really comfy - I slept very well here.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel - it's close enough to everything to be convenient, yet not part of the tourist trap areas.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Zoe9999
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed a place to stay after our cruise ended and we like to use public transportation. We arrived at 9:00. They said we could 'upgrade' and get the room early so we said yes...just to get our luggage in the room. I'm not sure going from a queen to 2 twins was an upgrade but we took it. The first room was smokey so we asked for another room. They graciously agreed and gave us another one. Views were great, across the street from the train station and there are plently of eating options. We took the train to the airport (3 euros each) then took the free shuttle back to terminal 1 which is the international terminal. Front desk was extremely helpful and spoke good English. Perfect location and large room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank twinsisChicago
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is big and the room is very big. It is just next to the Barcelona Sant station. It is a high tower hotel which the view from the high floor is excellent. However, the hotel seems a bit old and many facilitates seems in old fashions, including the TV and other amenities which have rooms for improvement.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank HHSTEPHEN
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked this hotel after reading trip advisor and was very happy. Location was great and close to city tour bus which we used. We upgraded to the 21st floor and got a quiet corner room with views across the city, which were really great at night. We also chose to have the breakfast and would recommend it. A great selection (particularly after Italy) and the views are a nice bonus. We also had dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was beautiful. We could not fault the service - all the staff were friendly and helpful. Reception helped us with maps and sightseeing, could give us voucher for bus tickets and organize an airport shuttle for us. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we returned to Barcelona and definitely recommend it as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra and upgrade to a corner room on a higher floor - we had 2119 and it was great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dlunney1
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked a room here because of two things: the reviews on TA about the rooms and the location of the hotel. The hotel met my expectations on both counts.
I wanted a hotel that would be easy to get to from the airport in Barcelona. You cannot get a much better location than this. I took the Renfe train from the airport to Sants Station and walked across a small one way street to the hotel. I arrived at about 11:00, so way before check-in. I had booked a standard room on the lower floors, which I was told there were no rooms available at the time. I decided to pay the extra 13 Euros a night for a room on the higher floors, so I could check in now. :-)

Room 1019 was a corner room, and as you can see from my photos it had nice views. The room was large..."double" bed (two singles together), small table and two chairs, work desk and chair, TV (tube), CD/Cassette player, and mini-bar (which I used as a refrigerator). There were TV channels in Spanish, German, French, English, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Arabic. There was also an ice machine in the hallway, which I used quite frequently for my sangria. :-)

The bathroom was very nice! Two sinks, the toilet was in a separate area with a door, a bathtub with shower attachment as well as a huge walk-in shower. My only complaint about the room was the handle which held the shower attachment in the walk in part was broken when I arrived. It was repaired on the second day I was there.

The location of the hotel next to Sants Station made using the Metro a breeze. Sants is served by two Metro lines, and the Metro in Barcelona is one of the best user-friendly systems I have ever used.

I plan on returning to Barcelona in two years and I will definitely consider booking a room again at Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo