Hotel Barcelona House
    Ramblas Hotel(Barcelona)
    • Restaurant
    Pension Picasso(Barcelona)
    View Hotel
    Hotel Arc La Rambla(Barcelona)
    Very Good 4/5
    1,426 results
    All reviewsla ramblagreat locationgothic quarternoisy at nightluggage roomwould stay here againquiet roomair conearly hoursside streetmodern hotelshort breakbars and restaurantstapasstreet noisegreat showercity break
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. We asked for a quiet room and we got a room at the back of the hotel overlooking some gardens. However, for me the room wasnt quiet at night and I found it very difficult to sleep. During the early evening when we returned from a day out in the city the room was also noisy due to building work being carried out somewhere nearby. I found the self regulated temperature of the room combined with the slightly uncomfortable bed and the noise level a horrible combination for sleeping! However, the rest of the room was clean, well decorated and the shower was brilliant! We found the staff to be polite and hotel was in a good, central location for exploring.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank lauren_bailey23
    Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel was decorated in a modern style that appeared very clean, which was good. The reception was incredibly friendly and warm, which I appreciated. Unfortunately, we were in a position where we had to asked to have our room moved because of noise that was coming from the street. There is a popular club next door that I think must close around 3:30 or 4:00 AM. Once we moved rooms, the next night was perfectly fine.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep, pick a room that faces away from the street.
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
    2  Thank Virkin123
    Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

If you re one of those people who goes to sleep before 4am then this hotel is not for you. I was assigned a room on the top floor, the 5ft, and I could hear loud and clear with my window shut, the people on the street.
    Walls are so thin I could hear my next door neighbours conversation.
    The room looks a lot bigger and luxurious on their website, than it actually is.
    Pillows are umconfortable, and the blanket (u know, those brown/honey ones, from our gradma's age, gave me allergies. I guess they don't have them cleaned that often.
    They are very, very, very, but so very strict when it comes to check out time; They bloody woke me up by calling me at my room and hour and a half before checkout, to tell me I had to leave by 11:30 sharp, therefore shortening my hours of sleep. Not nice, not polite at all. First time ever in my life.
    The place is very well located but with all the offer Barcelona has regarding hotels, I will definitely not stay there again, nor do I recommend it.
    Keep looking folks! You'll find better.

• Stayed: March 2014
    1  Thank Sofia M
    Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have recently returned from a 3 night stay at the Hotel Barcelona House. After reading some of the latest reviews I had some concerns but went prepared. However, on arrival we were warmly welcomed by the staff, shown to our room on the 5th floor which was beautifully clean (if a little dark due to the modern style lighting) Yes, there is no kettle - so take your own if you need your morning cuppa. We booked room only, so I can't comment on the breakfast. The décor is minimalist and tends towards laminate/wood flooring (which is never great for sound proofing) so take earplugs if you're a light sleeper! We really didn't have a problem until the last night....but that was due to some thoughtless guests more than problems with the hotel. The location is fabulous (unless you're a fan of the metro), within strolling distance of many sights and entertainments. I want to make a special mention to Monica on reception. She is absolutely lovely and very helpful - a mine of information of do's and don'ts in Barcelona just what's needed to get the best out of a short stay in such a beautiful city. Decide what's important to you and go prepared. Just one word to the wise (and nothing to do with the hotel) - don't be tempted to eat or drink on Las Ramblas itself, it is incredibly expensive and a bit of a rip off ....just behind the hotel is a lovely square with lots of bars and restaurants charging half the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Rotty14
    Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Upon check-in we were greeted by fellow patrons at reception wearing fancy dress outfits. This group had all the signs of a stag party - all male, loud and talking about how much alcohol they had already consumed and the bars/clubs they were planning to visit. We were worried and immediately thought we had booked the party the hotel. Luckily once this group moved on we didn't hear from them ever again.

The attendant at the reception was friendly and helpful, giving us a city map and orientation of the city with restaurant suggestions. The rooms are of average standard containing large and modern bathroom. The best thing this hotel offers is location, as it's 2min walk from La Ramblas and about 10min walk to the waterfront cafés and restaurants. This place is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in the heart of all the action.

The cons about this place have already been mentioned by previews reviewers. The walls are thin and as our room was situated next to the elevator we could here people's conversations as they made their way to their rooms. We also found our room to be too cold as the temperature is centrally controlled and constantly set to 17degrees. They offer spare blankets in the room which helped at night.

However our biggest concern was the "self serve" approach to the luggage room. As we checked out early on our last day we were handed the electronic key to drop off our own bags in the luggage room, as the sole attendant had to serve waiting customers. The same thing happened upon picking up our bags and to our surprise we found the door partly open by the last person collecting their bags. We travel with electronic devices and if our bags ever went missing due to poor luggage security, then this would be very costly for us.

Overall the only thing we liked about this hotel was the location and won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple