“Good hotel Great Location!!”

Hotel Barcelona House
Ranked #284 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a 4 night stay here towards the end of June. Hotel was very nice and modern, Staff was nice, Room was very nice, clean and modern with a nice bathroom, Room had two small balconies one in restroom and one in room which over looked the street, A bit noisy outside at night but was still able to sleep ok, Room was towards back of hotel. Location was great in Gothic quarter right next to La Rambla, walking distance to beach/port and Placa De Catalunya, metro station was close, tons of restaurants and bars, at night people hanging outside around hotel was a bit sketchy but still felt pretty safe. Good hotel would stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Barcelona House

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice little hotel, well situated for The Ramblas, bars, cafés etc., a good half hours walk to the beach. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, couldn't check-in until 3 p.m. But they have a luggage room so you can stow your case and get out and about straight away.
The rooms are modern, clean and functional but rather dark when trying to apply makeup lol, safe in room which is free of charge which is a bonus. The bathroom has a fantastic shower, decent hairdryer and mini shower gels/shampoo and body lotions are provided if you're trying to limit your liquids in your hand luggage. Air conditioning worked great in our room and was very welcome but didn't work in my daughters room.
We were unlucky to get rooms at the front of the hotel and they were extremely noisy.
We booked the breakfast option and we're quite happy with what we got - it was a very basic continental breakfast but meant we could then eat a little later wherever we found ourselves instead of having to charge around looking for food as soon as we set off.
All in all a good hotel for what you pay for it, more suited to the younger clients due to the noise but hey ho we only went for a long weekend and we coped!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Myself and 2 friends stayed at BHH from 18th to 20th June 2014 as part of a college trip and were pleased with quality of the hotel overall.

Room - The room was clean and nicely furnished, especially the bathroom, and the beds were very comfortable. Air con worked well although it was a little underpowered for my liking and only worked when the key card was "plugged in". Our room overlooked the street below and around 10pm became quite loud with people in a nightclub below but with the balconies closed the noise didn't disturb us.

Location - About 30m from the lower end of La Rambla, the location is the best facet of the hotel. 5 mins walk from La Boqueria market and placa de Catalunya, there's hundreds of bars, restaurants and shops all around.

Breakfast - Basic continental; bread, yoghurts, cereal, coffee, orange juice etc.

Never really had contact with the staff but seemed friendly enough and helped with directions etc.

Outside the hotel can get shady characters at night but don't harass you.

Excellent hotel for a short break or party animals, I'd certainly go again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night after an adjustment in itinerary that allowed an additional day in Barcelona. Other hotel booked for my stay in the city would not accommodate an additional night. Location was great and the room was very modern and clean. Staff recommended the restaurant across the street called La Fonda that has the best paella, house wine and sangria I've had. Had I been able to cancel my other hotel, I would have stayed here for the totality of my trip to Barcelona. When I arrived there was no wi-fi and staff was a bit rude to other guests who would inquire about the status of the problem. Overall it was great, they allowed me to store my luggage for a few hours until I was able to check in to my other hotel and allowed me in the lobby when I retuned to La Fonda and I had to wait for a table in the poring rain. Definitely recommend this hotel, I would stay here again when I return to Barcelona.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend last month with my boyfriend and we loved it.
The location was fantastic and the Hotel was completely spotless, Nice and modern.
Walls are Abit thin but we only used the room to sleep in so it didn't really effect us too much.
If you want peace and quiet this isn't the hotel for you, but we loved hearing the hustle and bustle from the restaurants and people walking around the city.
My only complaint is the breakfast....well it isn't really a breakfast. We are out every morning after we saw it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodandwine999
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When you have a short time in a city then location is everything and this hotel is in a great location. We had finished a cruise in Barcelona and decided to stay an extra night in the city and were lucky enough to choose this hotel. From the port we caught the city shuttle bus (for 2 euros - yes just 2) to the Columbus Monument close to the start of the Rambla. The hotel, which it must be said is not plush, was just a 300 metres walk along the Rambla and 30 metres into a narrow side street. We had disembarked the ship at 9 am but couldn't take the room until 3 pm but the reception where more than happy to take our bags and lock them away for us. We were given a room on the fourth floor which we found to be clean and adequately furnished with really comfortable beds and an excellent en suite area. As others have said the rooms are dark but it was very cool so I was ok with that. After all we didn't intend to sit there for the rest of the evening! We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that but I can say that their are hundreds of eateries in the area. As we left the hotel early the next morning we were able to easily take the15 minute walk along the Rambla to the Placa de Catalunya and there pick up the Aerobus for the 30 minute drive to the airport terminal. That cost 5.90 euros each. So as far as it goes it was all really good. If any one is interested I can put them onto a really nice old tatty good value tapas bar which is near the harbour :)

Room Tip: This is a city centre hotel in the old town so there might be a bit of noise. Take a higher room - o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank damnearperfect
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Easy to find hotel a 1 min walk from the ramblas. 8-10 min walk to the picturesque port vell. The hotel is located almost on one of the many crossroads of the side streets of Barcelona. Clean throughout, was worried about noise from previous reviews, but we were in room 407, no disturbance whatsoever. The lift card was a pain for a short while but soon got the hang of it, it will take you to your floor only. The wifi was rubbish, they said it was my iPad, but it worked everywhere else I used it. Try the grill room directly opposite for excellent food at a good price. All in all this hotel is ideal for a short stay, but for more than 4 nights I would try a hotel with facilities as this doesn't really have any, but a good hotel for what it is, cheapish, clean and able to sleep comfortably. The temperature dial is set in reception, just turn it off to keep the room nice and toasty through the night, otherwise it blows cold air at you all night, brrrr.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple