“great location”

Ranked #97 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
New York City, New York
“great location”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

great location - able to walk to most sites, close to metro and aerobus stop. Breakfast was expensive so ate at Cafe Zurich around the corner after the first day. Rooms were good but a bit worn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kar2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I think I am being generous with my 3 star review, because all the Pulitzer has going for it is a great location and comfy bed.

The service is non-existent. They didn't even offer to bring our bags to the room OR offer us a rolling luggage cart for us to do it ourselves. This is unacceptable.

The rooms are cramped, but clean, thankfully.

I am certain you could do much better if you wish to be in the Ramblas/Placa Catalunya area of the city.

Room Tip: Do your research, my friends.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Feeding_the_World
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Sirs;

Thank you very much for your comment unless it is not so good as I pretend about the service.
I really regret that you feel that we do not have a good service due to we are always working in orther to be better and provide a better customer service. I'm going to talk with my Front Desk Manager in order to resolve issues like this.

Please, contact me again if you decide come back to Barcelona, It will be my pleasure assist your reservation and your stay in our hotel in order to compensate your impression.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Very central location - close to the Ramblas, metro station and aerobus stop. Room was spacious and well appointed. Free wifi worked most of the time. Housekeeping was good. Did not use restaurant, but roof top terrace was very pleasant. Would definitely consider foe future visit to Barcelona.

Room Tip: 307 was a good room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Sirs;

I'd like thank you very much for your good comments about our Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona. It is nice to see that you had a nice experience in the hotel and you loved our terrace.

As you say, please contact directly with me if you finaly decide come back to Barcelona, it will be my pleasure assist you personaly.

Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 May 2012

In a side street of Plaza Catalunya, at the top of the Ramblas, this hotel is litterally in the middle of the centre of town. Metro stations close by. The hotel has a boutique style decor. Rooms are long but not that broad. Well kept, clean, nicely decorated. Mini bar, safe in the room. Smallish flat screen on the wall, with also international channels. Superior rooms have a couch and a bath tub. Service is friendly; check in was somewhat bureaucratic, but perhaps that is caused by local regulations. Nice breakfast continental style, Nespresso machine for coffee in the breakfast room. Free wifi throughout the building that works well (this really should be the standard in hotels these days). Nice lounge/cafe/bar area, library style. Nice roof terrace/bar on the 6th floor. It certainly is not a big hotel, but large enough to have all relevant facilities. Free access to a commercial fitness club a couple of blocks away from the hotel (not visited). There is no desk in the room, although one of the cabinet can be converted into a small working area. Some reviews mention the lack of sound isolation. It is true that the rooms are clearly not sound proof, but at night we had no trouble sleeping. We had a room at the main streat side and did not notice excessive noises at night. If you are not used to big city street noises or otherwise you a unlucky with your neighbours, you may have a different experience. For a city trip/weekend, this is in our view a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: A superior room is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ML-NL-Amf
Dear Sirs;

Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel and our service. It is a pleasure receive comments like yours.

Please do not hesitate contact me directly in case you decide come back to Barcelona, It will be my pleasure assist your reservation personaly.

Kind regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Great location !! Small, but clean rooms. Service was standard. BUT ....noisy. We stayed at 3rd floor and could hear people floor below and above closing their entrance and closet doors. We could hear women in high heels walking down the corridor. Had there 3 nights and did not have a good sleep. I usually adjust to noise, but this was the noisiest hotel I’ve been. So if you can sleep with ear plugs - USE it, if not- choose another hotel to stay.

Room Tip: walls are not sound-proof
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sirs;

Thank you very much for your post and comments about the hotel. I'm sorry that you had this problem with noise. I'm going to talk with my Housekeeping Manager in order to prevent problems like yours in case the problem was with our chambermaids. Thank you for your comment it is very helpful for improving our service.

Please do not hesitate contact me personaly in case you decide come back to Barcelona; i'll do all my best in order you had a peaceful and relaxing stay.

Regards;

California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Due to a sudden change in plans, we had to find a room in Barcelona on a Saturday night on just 2 week's notice. I booked this due to positive reviews and since most of the other highly-rated hotels were booked. The room rate of about $325 (no breakfast!) was way too much. I see that you can get cheaper rates than this if you book more in advance (maybe $100 cheaper), so it's really important to book weekend rooms early. It was a very busy hotel, and we had to wait until 2 P.M. to check into our room. The room was pretty and modern and very quiet at night, but it was weird to wake up in the morning and not even get a hint of where I was by the decor of the room. We didn't bother to pay the high price for breakfast. Even though the hotel is close to the Place Catalunya, it is on a quieter side street. It's easy access to the wonderful Passeig de Gracia with its fabulous modernista buildings by Gaudi and other great architects. We had to move from The Five Rooms bed and breakfast, which we liked better.

Room Tip: We always ask for rooms away from elevators and stairs. Our room was on the 3rd or 4th floor, which...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sirs;

Thank you very much for your kind comment about your stay in Barcelona. Refering the price and as you say all other hotels was fully booked I suppose you stay in our hotel during an important Medical Congress during April. But please, if you decide come back to Barcelona, you can contact directly with me and I'll do all my best in order of offer you a really good price.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Firstly the hotel is in a great location, and staff were very helpful and friendly. I booked online and managed to get a discounted rate for our 4 night stay. We arrived late on the first night and had a room near the lifts. This proved to be very noisy, so they front desk were very helpful in moving us to a quieter part of the hotel. Rooms overall are spacious, tho it is a noisy hotel. On our 3rd morning we woke up noticing that we had bites all over us! More so on my partner, i counted over 70 bites! For someone who has worked in the Hospitality Industry, i have never back packed, tho my partner has and knew straight away it was bed bugs. The bugs had a feast on us for 2 nights!!! We requested that the hotel change the linen and mattress, which the hotel did. Upon check out, we were advised that they had found no evidence that there were bugs, and we must have been bitten on the street. My partner reminded them that if that was the case, we would have had to walk around the streets naked! The front office manager reluctantly then deducted one nights stay from our hotel bill.

Room Tip: Not near the lifts, tho keep in mind it's a nosy hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wigglywagtail
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Sirs;

First of all I'd like thank you very much the time you took for writting us. And all your comments about the hotel and our service

I would like to inform that we do not have any problem with bugs in our hotel. When you informed us about the trouble, we automaticaly activated our protocols and call our maintenance pest control company.
The biologist came to the hotel, checked everything and told us that there was nothing that indicates that there was bugs in the room, due to the signals are normaly really visible
Notwithstanding we use another technique to be 100 % sure, there is a little electrical machine that attract the bugs in case of, but none appeared, then obviously we close the incident due to there was no signals of bugs in your room.

Please, do not hesitate contact me again in case you decide come back to Barcelona, it will be my pleasure assist personaly your reservation.

Kins regards,