“Food options are a bit limited”
Review of Hotel Pulitzer

Hotel Pulitzer
Ranked #97 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
“Food options are a bit limited”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

location is very good..right next to the city bus tour starting stop...and next to walking street..lots of restaurant options in nearby areas...

staff service was a bit of letdown with regards to room allocation..restroom in our room was actually suited for elderly or disabled persons..

food options were also limited in case of morning breakfast..

Room Tip: ensure that your room is not the one for elderly or disabled..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darshan E
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, right in the centre and surrounded by lots of restaurant options. But I was disappointed to read that staff service was not up to your expectations and that you found our morning breakfast limited.
If possible, please let me know what happened with regards to room allocations as well as what you missed in the breakfast. We usually receive great comments about it, but we might be missing out a particular ingredient of your like.
Please feel free to contact me directly: bquintana@grhoteles.com.
I look forward to welcoming you back as a Pulitzer Guest, wheter in Barcelona, Paris or Buenos Aires!

bquintana@grhoteles.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fantastic boutique hotel cool and contemporary with a roof top bar, perfect location just off the main square in Barcelona close to bars and restaurants definitely stay there next time I am in Barcelona.

• Stayed March 2014
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear James,
Thank you for your nice review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and its location off the main square in Barcelona.
Please reach out to us prior to your next visit. I would love to welcome you back to the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona!
Muchas gracias!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in April and really enjoyed this hotel. It was an excellent location- the aeroport bus stops a 2 min walk away and the metro is also 2 mins walk. You can walk to the las ramblas, and the Barrie gothic area for dinner. The room was beautiful- clean, spacious and everything we needed (fridge, safe, lots of space for luggage & clothes). The staff were very helpful & friendly and spoke excellent English. The roof top bar was closed unfortunately but the downstairs bar was still open and really nice for a late night drink or coffee after a long day. The only thing was that we were in room 210 right next to the void above the bar so it was very noisy at night- I had to sleep with ear plugs.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katherine B
I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share a review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona. It gives us great pleasure to see that you liked your room and that you found the location so convenient. I will make sure to share your comments about the staff with my team. They will be so glad to hear them!
I'm so sorry that the rooftop terrace was closed during your stay. These days our maintenance team and gardeners have been working hard to get the terrace in perfect condition for its opening due on the first of May.
Regarding the noice, please accept my apologies. Our guests usually sleep very comfortably. However, it seems clear that we failed to let you sleep soundly. If your live ever brings you back to Barcelona, I hope that you will give us a second chance to show you that you can get a deep and restorative sleep at the Hotel Pulitzer. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Charlottesville
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were easy walking distance to just about everywhere we wanted to go - the Gothic Quarter, the waterfront, shopping, an English language movie theater - and several metro stops are close by for when you want to go somewhere farther afield. It was also a nice plus to be a block and a half from the airport extress bus - we took it both ways and it was so easy.

The lounge/bar is very nice in the hotel and everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. Our daughter forgot a clothing item in the room and when I emailed the front desk about trying to have it mailed to us in Madrid, they responded rapidly and had it mailed off within an hour of getting the address from me.

We reserved 3 basic/standard rooms - and they were basic/standard. Snall and no frills. But we didn't spend a lot of time in our rooms, so that was not a problem. It's a great choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street as there are random, loud/drunk people walking about at all h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SeeTheWorld109
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the Hotel Pulitzer on your trip to Barcelona and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
I'm happy to hear that you found the lobby bar so nice, the staff friendly and helpful and the location right in the city centre so convenient. I'm also delighted to hear that we managed to attend your request promply and in a professional manner. I will congratulate our Front Desk staff on your behalf!
I hope you will choose a Pulitzer Hotel again in the future, whether it be in Barcelona or in Paris or Buenos Aires.
Muchas gracias!

london
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The staff were very helpful and the downstairs sitting area was very comfortable and the location was excellent but i was staying for five nights and wanted or should I say needed more. The room was basic, no clock, only one english TV channel and no desk to sit and work. Also the room just didn't feel clean! Every morning at 8.00am there was noise from the housekeeping staff and also from the top floor where there is a roof garden and obviously work was being done. I feel that 8.00am is just too early for that much noise. The breakfast was fine although nothing to write home about. Not really a lot of choice and the coffee was terrible. I did actually complete their questionnaire a couple of days after arriving handed it in at the reception but the manager said she never received it. Completed another at the end which she responded to although she didn't say very much.

Room Tip: I was told I was getting a "good" room but what I got I wouldn't call good!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharonfv
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. I was saddened to learn that your expectations were not met.

It's true, there's no clock in our rooms. It had never been an issue so far, that's why it was never added to the rooms.
Regarding English TV channels, there should be a minimum of 5 per TV. Our maintenance staff will double check all our TVs to make sure that they are properly broadcasting all the channels.
Our staff tries hard not to make noise at any time, particularly early in the mornings. I'm really sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise.
Our breakfast receives congratulations by our guests, both in terms of quality and of choice. I'm so sorry to read that it was not up to your expectations. Please feel free to send me an e-mail with what you missed in our breakfast. We’ll be more than happy to take your insights into consideration.

Please rest assured that we have taken all the issues you raised on board for immediate consideration.

Best regards,

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We've stayed 4 nights end of January and despite the relatively cold weather we found a warm and very friendly front office team! The location is also recommending this hotel, positioned near Place of Catalonia . I recommend the "celebration pack" which was above my expectations!!! Thank you for this excellent surprise! The lounge bar from the top floor is a green, relatively quiet and original designed place. As found in previously comments, the main entrance to Pulitzer could be not easy to find at arrival, but finally this hotel is one of the best choice in Barcelona!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Stoide
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I am truly grateful for your wonderful review! It is great to know that we were able to exceed your expectations with our "Celebration Break" pack during your stay in Barcelona. We seek to provide each and every guest with a memorable experience, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal. I will make sure to share all your kind words with my entire team.
Should you ever wish to come back, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be more than happy to arrange your booking.
Muchas gracias and best regards!

marmaris
Reviewed 18 March 2014

If you can get a room at a good rate including breakfast you cannot go wrong with the Hotel Pullitzer. Service was excellent throughout th hotel. Breakfast was superb location excellent and v comfortable beds

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Elaine Rose,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, that you find the breakfast superb and that we managed to deliver a high level of service. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a unique experience, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal during your stay. I will share all your nice words with my entire team.
We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to our wonderful city of Barcelona!
Muchas gracias and best regards,