“Amazing Location”

Ranked #97 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Amazing Location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of my favorite city hotels I have visited, very relaxed, great service both in reception and the Bar, the Roof Terrace is great and rooms are very clean and modern. would stay here again next time I am in Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank D72189541
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your nice review! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our Pulitzer Experience!
We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest, whether in Barcelona or in our other Pulitzer properties in Paris and Buenos Aires!
Mange tak! Muchas gracias!

bquintana@grhoteles.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lokeren, Belgium
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is really a nice hotel in a great location almost on Playa Catalunya. It serves a great breakfast in the morning and later in the evening you can find a place on the roof terrace to enjoy a great Gin and Tonic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Geert,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us!
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the Pulitzer Experience! Please let me inform you that we have other 2 Pulitzer properties, one in Paris and another one in Buenos Aires. I strongly invite you to try them too!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the time of checking in, to checking out our stay was wonderful. The rooms were a good size, especially the bathroom. We ate breakfast at the hotel during our three night stay and it was very recommendable at a very good price. Their roof top bar had a very relaxed feeling and a great place to wind down, The hotel is close to both hop on and off buses, airport drop off, and public transport. Their wi-fi was very reliable and fast.

1 Thank Trennies
I am absolutely delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Pulitzer Experience!
Thank you for your nice words... They fills us with pride and satisfaction!
If you ever plan to come back, please let me know. I will be more than happy to arrange your stay.
Best regards!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our first visit to Barcelona and the hotel was very conveniently situated just of the very busy Placa de Cataylunya. The hotel itself is very comfortable with good sized rooms with an excellent choice at breakfast. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and we didn't encounter any problems during our stay. One word of advice thought if you fancy a relaxing drink on the roof terrace ensure it is not the night the DJs are there, the 'music', was very loud and rendered any conversation impossible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor!
I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Pulitzer Barcelona. It's very encouraging to read that you found the location great, the hotel comfortable and the staff so helpful! I'm also happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. We bake the cakes ourselfes, and it certainly makes the difference!
It's true, on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays we offer selected DJ sessions on our rooftop terrace to guests and visitors, thus creating a very interesting atmosphere. However, I'm sorry that you found the music too loud. We'll try to lower it down in the coming sessions.

Sydney
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The main drawcard for me choosing this hotel was its location. Having visited Barcelona previously I knew I wanted to stay near Catalunya due to its ease of access to many parts of Barcelona. This hotel is just off Plaza Catalunya in a side street so the noise isn't an issue.

On arriving from the Aerobus I was impressed with the hotel from the outside, but there were a few details that bothered me. The door to the hotel had a loose handle and the reception desk is covered in scratches and in need of a repaint. For a trendy hotel I had expected better, but ultimately it didn't affect my stay.

I was given the choice of a room with a King bed but no view, or a room with Twin beds and a view. I opted for the view - I needn't have bothered. The "view" from the window just looks out at the building across the street.
The room was very dark inside, I found that the lighting was not really directed where it was needed (I don't think the top of a cupboard needed to be lit when half the room was in the dark.
My room must have been a wheelchair accessible room as there is an irritating ramp just inside the door to the room which allows access to the bathroom. Every time I entered the room I would forget the ramp was there (it was also poorly lit and difficult to see) and stumble into the room.
The bathroom is actually really cool. I liked the walk in shower which had plenty of room to move. The toiletries provided were of high quality and smelled great. And the giant sink really makes a statement.
The bed was quite comfortable despite my choice of Twin beds which were pushed together.

Room Tip: Don't bother asking for a room with a view - there's nothing to see out the window anyway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Madge B
Dear Madge,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the location and the hip atmosphere of the hotel.
Regarding the front door, I'm glad to inform you that it was fully repaired and fully repainted. So it looks super nice now!
I'm sorry to read that you found the room somewhat dark. Could you please tell me the room where you stayed in? I'd like to double check if all the lighting system is ok.
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the bathroom and the Rituals amenities. All our clients love them!
Should you ever come back, or wish to visit our other Pulitzer properties (Paris or Buenos Aires), do not hesitate to contact me and I will help you arrange your stay.

Brno
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel was comfortable and wery well located just several meters from the city centre and from famous La Rambla street. It takes only 2 minutes walking to the Underground Plaza Cataluňia from where you can reach all places of interets in Barcelona. The hotel staff and equipment are very good. Hotel restaurant was fien but the choice as well as the choice were not enough good for 4 star hotel. The hotel disposes by wellness and pools the clients can use free of charge but only as a part of another facility some 10 - 15 min walking from the hotel. Therefore we did not visit it for the whole stay there. It was simply not comfortable to us. This was only one disadvantage and It would be better the hotel do not write this on the web presentation. The hotel rooms are very nice and clean, it has marble bathrooms; free wifi in all hotel rooms, terrace bar. The hotel is suitable for these who want to visit the city and who want to live just in its hearth. I do not reccomend it for familes with children but I strongly reccomend it for all others

Room Tip: Better rooms are in higher floor. Although ťhe standard rooms are very good I reccomend the superior...
Dear Radek,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our central location just off Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya, and that you found both the staff and equipment very good. Regarding the restaurant choice, where did you find our offer to be limited? In the bar? In the Visit Restaurant? We usually get very great feedback from our Visit Restaurant, based on fresh ingredients, local suppliers, slow food philosophy... I'd love to get further details on my private e-mail, so that we can take any action, if required.
Should you ever wish to enjoy again a Pulitzer Experience, whether in Barcelona, Paris or Buenos Aires, please do not hesitate to contact me! I'll be happy to arrange your booking.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my forth visit to Barcelona, for a special birthday so I wanted to stay somewhere central (near the Gothic quarter) and somewhere a little more luxurious.
The Pulitzer is located right off the Placa de Cataylunya which is perfect. Easy walking distance to everywhere and great if you want to pop on the bus or metro (we didn't!).
The hotel interiors are chic - white, with a lovely bar, outside bar/eating area and the roof terrace was simply stunning. Lots of comfy chairs, areas in the sun and in the shade when it gets too hot and a lovely little bar tucked in the corner. Perfect to relax on!
Our room was a standard double - clean, chic - a little small but given we spent all the time outdoors suited us perfectly. The bathroom was lovely.

Probably the best place I've stayed in Barcelona so far - would love to go back.
The hotel also rents out bikes if you'd prefer to cycle around Barcelona also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your Pulitzer Experience, particularly on our impressive rooftop terrace... a beautiful urban garden right in the very heart of Barcelona!
If you ever wish to come back, please do not hesitate to contacte me directly. I'll be happy to arrange your stay. Also, I invite you to visit our Pulitzer properties in Paris and Buenos Aires. They're lovely too!
Best regards,