“Excellent location”
Review of Hotel Pulitzer

Hotel Pulitzer
Ranked #108 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice boutique hotel in an excellent poistion near Placa Catalunya and Ramblas. The rooms are aren't massive but are a good size compared to other hotels we've stayed in. The bathroom was nice and spacious and had a good shower and the free toiletries were a nice touch.We visited the rooftop bar twice during our stay and as others have commented is a nice addition to the hotel. The overall appearance of the hotel is nice but could do with a lick of paint in some areas (and this is being picky). Overall a nice boutque hotel right in the middle of Barcelona. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when visiting the city in future..

Room Tip: I'm sure that a room with a small balcony at the front would be nice.
3  Thank gararon W
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your review!
I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the overall Pulitzer experience and its so convenient location right in Barcelona city centre. I'm also happy to read that you liked our bathroom amenities and our roof top terrace.
I take good note of the painting proposal. We'll take inmediate action. Thank you for helping us improve!
Muchas gracias and best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our group of four loved this boutique hotel on a side street just off Plaza Catalunya. The rooms are modern and lovely with very comfy beds. We had a top floor room with a small balcony overlooking the street, but it was still quiet (except for the garbage trucks emptying the bins at 4 am. every morning!) The management was wonderful, friendly and helpful. We never ate in the restaurant, which is not open for dinner, because we ended up at Starbucks on the corner every morning for coffee and a croissant before trekking off for a day of sightseeing. We booked this hotel because of the rooftop bar and we weren't disappointed. Comfortable seating, beautiful plantings (love the birds of paradise!) and pleasant wait staff This was our destination for a cocktail every evening.

Room Tip: Chose a room on an upper floor with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
I'm glad to read that you and your friends enjoyed the Pulitzer hotel and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.
I'm also happy to see that our rooftop terrace did not disappoint you! It's certainly a green oasis in the very heart of Barcelona. People certainly enjoy its cosy atmosphere.
In your next visit, I strongly recommend you to try our breakfast buffet: home made bakery and cakes, butter croissants, fresh fruit... I'm sure you'll love it!
Muchas gracias and I look forward to welcoming you again, whether in Barcelona, in Paris or in Buenos Aires!
Best regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently spent just under a week at this hotel while on a business trio to Barcelona. Our group was in town to shoot a commercial and the hotel was a perfect place for drinks, production meetings at the large Libby conference table and the rooms were quiet and perfectly sized with great amenities. The roof top bar was a good time and breakfast every morning was fresh, tasty and welcoming. I recommend adding breakfast to the room, we'll worth it. The staff were nice, service was a bit slow and not really a room service type of hotel, but if you don't need to order to your room no worries. Menu would benefit from expanded options for lunch and dinner. All around a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Get a hotel facing the front
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kalexb

Thank you for sharing your stay with the Tripadvisor Community!
I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Pulitzer during your business trip!
I'm sorry that we were a bit low on room service. If you could provide me with further details, I'd be very grateful. They will help us improve! Please feel free to send me a direct e-mail.
I look forward to seeing you around!
Muchas gracias!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Pulitzer beggining of May 2014, with our 2 sons, we had the only suite in the hotel, so we could all meet on the balcony for a drink.

The suite was lovely, although in dire need of a coat of paint outside and new planters.

The staff were very pleasant and friendly.

There is a roof top bar with cooked tapas / snacks also, it took quite a long time for the food to arrive, but was worth the wait.

The location is just off the main square and Las Ramla, about a 30 second walk to both, so close enough and in a side street so no noise from either.

Breakfast was nice with a good selection of hot and cold food, the coffee was the best I have ever had from a push the button machine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GME928

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor!
I'm glat to inform you that our gardener will shortly update all the plants at the Suite terrace. Next time you'll come you'll enjoy the change! Regarding the paint, we'll check that out with our maintenance team. Thank you for letting us know.
I'm glad to read that our staff was helpful and friendly.
Regarding food and breakfast, I'm really happy to see that you enjoyed it! The coffee machine is new, so it's very interesting to read that our guests agree that it was the right one!
Should you ever wish to come back, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to arrange your stay.
Muchas gracias and best regards!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of my favorite city hotels I have visited, very relaxed, great service both in reception and the Bar, the Roof Terrace is great and rooms are very clean and modern. would stay here again next time I am in Barcelona.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank D72189541

Thank you for your nice review! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our Pulitzer Experience!
We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest, whether in Barcelona or in our other Pulitzer properties in Paris and Buenos Aires!
Mange tak! Muchas gracias!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is really a nice hotel in a great location almost on Playa Catalunya. It serves a great breakfast in the morning and later in the evening you can find a place on the roof terrace to enjoy a great Gin and Tonic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Geert,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us!
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the Pulitzer Experience! Please let me inform you that we have other 2 Pulitzer properties, one in Paris and another one in Buenos Aires. I strongly invite you to try them too!
Best regards and muchas gracias!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the time of checking in, to checking out our stay was wonderful. The rooms were a good size, especially the bathroom. We ate breakfast at the hotel during our three night stay and it was very recommendable at a very good price. Their roof top bar had a very relaxed feeling and a great place to wind down, The hotel is close to both hop on and off buses, airport drop off, and public transport. Their wi-fi was very reliable and fast.

1  Thank Trennies

I am absolutely delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Pulitzer Experience!
Thank you for your nice words... They fills us with pride and satisfaction!
If you ever plan to come back, please let me know. I will be more than happy to arrange your stay.
Best regards!