“Hip to the max”
Review of Hotel Pulitzer

Hotel Pulitzer
Ranked #107 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I really liked this place. I booked it strictly as a last night place to stay on my way back from San Sebastian, with an early morning flight to catch out of Barcelona for the states, so I didn't really have much time to savor it (I got in around 10:30 p.m). But the service was very friendly, the room was terrific, and the rooftop bar was worth the price of admission (extremely hopping at midnight and beyond). I wish I'd had more time to spend here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HooferNewYork
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear HooferNewYork,
Thank you for your nice review!
We do hope that you'll have the chance of coming back again to Barcelona and stay with us during a longer stay!

bquintana@grhoteles.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,307)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had three nights here. The hotel presents very well but our room number 215 was very small. Barely any space at foot and one side of the bed. We had to leave a suitcase on the only armchair in room and place another dining type chair on a cupboard to place a second suitcase on the floor. As this was in front of the mini bar cupboard which housed the safe, we had to move the suitcase aside each time we needed to use the cupboard and leaving only the bed to sit on.
This was booked as a standard room, however, we did pay over $300AUD/night.
Lovely bathroom and toiletry products are very nice.
Very smart lounging space and bar area. on ground floor.
The hotel is particularly well located, being only 50 or so metres from the Placa de Catalunya, shopping, transport and restaurants.

Room Tip: Would recommend but do check on room size for two people.

Dear Fran,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community!
I'm glad that you liked the hotel overall. I'm sorry that you found your room too small.
Should you ever wish to come back, whether to the Pulitzer in Barcelona or the ones in Paris or Buenos Aires, please do not hesitate to contact me. We'll do our best to offer you a bigger room!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had decided to be in Barcelona for 3 days (a long weekend) end of june.
We booked a room for 3 nights at the hotel Pulitzer
We were not disappointed.
The hotel is very centrally located, 200 meters from the Catalunya plaza.
It is modern and very clean. The design is interesting.
The room (205) clean, well soundproofed and air conditioned.
Good bedding. Beautiful bathroom.
However the shower is a bit dark.
Breakfast excellent.
The staff is at your service. Maybe a little cold but very professional.
I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had the 205.... excellent.

Dear Mr Clisson,
Thank you for your review!
I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Pulitzer!
We look forward to welcoming you back again with us, whether at the Pulitzer Barcelona or at any of our other Pulitzer properties in Paris and Buenos Aires.
I will be more than happy to help you arrange your booking.
Merci, thank you!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is our 2nd stay in this boutique hotel just off of Placa Catalunya and Ramblas, its so central it makes for a very easy going stay in Barcelona. The free WIFI is useful.

We found the reception staff were very helpful and spoke good english, as you'll find most of Barcelona do. They confirmed our request of a large bed with a bath and directed us to our room on the first floor.

The rooms aren't massive but are a good size compared to other hotels we've stayed in. We got a balcony at the front, this was very nice and it was good to get outside and people watch in the fresh air.

The bathroom itself had a bath with overhead removable shower, large sink, a hair dryer and of course toilet. It came with towels of all different sizes from floor, hand, face and bath towels and toiletries for your stay which is a nice touch.

We visited the Roof Top Bar twice, its small but very nice up there although a tad expensive, but you pay for what you get and we felt it was worth it for a nice cocktail in the fresh air, their fruit smoothies were amazing.

On our last day we didn't have to check out till 12 and they are happy to look after your cases until you leave for the airport. They store these behind the bar and have a ticketing system in place so they were very safe.

Overall a great stay in Barcelona was really made all the more better by a lovely boutique hotel in the middle of Barcelona. We have stayed here twice now and would always stay here again if we came back to Barcelona.

Room Tip: Balcony at the front is nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your stay with the Tripadvisor community! I really appreciate that you took the time to explain in such detail how the Pulitzer is.
I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay for its second time!
I really wish to welcome you back for a third time! Please do not hesitate to contact me. I'll be more than happy to arrange your booking. Take into account that we have two alternative Pulitzer properties: one in Paris and one in Buenos Aires!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was great. The staff were welcoming and friendly and the room was very comfortable and modern. I would have preferred a double bed rather than two singles pushed together, but this is common in Europe so I put up with it. The room also had a safe and a fridge. The wifi worked well and breakfast was good. Don't miss a trip to the rooftop bar. The tapas up there was good and the range of G&Ts staggering!

The hotel is located very well for the main attractions and has excellent public transport options close by.

My only real criticism is the slamming of doors by the house keeping staff outside my room. Didn't they realise I wanted a sleep in!

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your nice review!
I'm sorry that you got a two-single beds room. On your next visit, please let us know and we will make sure you get a queen bed!
I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, and particularly the Terrace Experience!
Could you please send me a private mail with your room number and dates of stay? I would like to check why there were slamming of doors by your room.
I look forward to welcoming you back as a Pulitzer guest, whether in Barcelona, Paris or Buenos Aires!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here with my little boy. A couple of years ago. The choice was perfect, what a lovely hotel. They bed was so cosy. Very up market, the roof to bar was such an added bonus. The location was perfect. So close to everywhere you needed to be. The staff was very helpful & friendly.
If I'm visiting again this is where I would want to be. Well worth the extra expense

Room Tip: Location perfect
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Julze,
Thank you for your wonderful review!
We look forward to welcoming you back again as a guest. Should you ever decide to come back, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be more than happy to arrange your stay.
Best regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located and convinces with friendly stuff and nice rooms. The WiFi quality is very good and stable. The rooms are nice and not too small, a little noisy though. Breakfast is not the highlight but quite ok. As a summary you get great value for your money.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your stay with us!
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the Pulitzer Experience!
I'm sorry to read that it was a bit noisy... I hope that next time you can enjoy a very silent stay!
Regarding breakfast, would you be so kind as to tell me why you think it was only "quite ok"? Most of our clients consider the breakfast to be of great value! Please do not hesitate to send me a private e-mail and let me know. It's great to receive customer feedback to help us improve.
We look forward to welcoming you back as a Pulitzer guest, whether in Barcelona, Paris or Buenos Aires!