“Not going back...”

Ranked #97 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Melbourne, Australia
“Not going back...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

This is our third stay at this hotel everytime we visit Barcelona and sadly will be our last. We have noticed that the level of service and quality of the room is going downhill.
1. We requested for a non-smoking room and we were given a smoking room. There were cigarette butts in the shower/toilet room.
2. The room is not clean. Scuff and black marks all over the wall plust the cigarette butts in the shower/toilet room. A so called 4 star hotel would be like this.
3. Checking out service was very rude. We checked out early at 7am and the receptionist was very rude for some reason. Just the attitude was unbelievable. Anyway what goes around comes around.
As I said at the beginning this is not our first stay here but our third however after the attitude and the quality of the room they've provided us we will go and spend our money somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Westy2405
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, 12 January 2010
Dear Madam/Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments even when they are not positive. I would like to have more details about your incidentals and I would be pleased if you would be able to contact me if possible.
I really apologize for the inconveniences caused and I would be interested in changing your point of viiew about our Hotel.

Once again thank you

Jose Mª Sanchez-Harguindey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

The Pulitzer is in my opinion the best hotel in Barcelona. The lobby and roofterrace are great places to lounge about, the rooms are a bit small but very well appointed, and the location superb! The friendly staff speak fluent english. I stayed here on several times and will book this hotel everytime I am in Barcelona. My only worry is that booking them may become difficult if they keep this up.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We will try keeping this up however please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to come back and I would do my best to offer you our best offer.
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

Lovely hotel with wonderful accommodations and a free pass to one of the nicest gyms I have ever frequented. The staff was fantastic, very responsive, and the price was far below what I would have expected for such a A-1 hotel experience.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments, I really appreciatte them. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

A friend and I stayed here in early September 2009 and were so satisfied that I booked my son and his wife here in December 2009. They had the same reaction as we had. The rooms are lovely with a great bathroom. The people at the desk are friendly and helpful. Since I booked my children's stay, I had some questions that were answered immediately. The hotel staff is very friendly. Superb location! I'll be there again.
Boots Newstrom

1 Thank BootsN
Dear Madam/Sir,

We really appreciatte your comments about your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit Barcelona again.
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

My stay here could not have been better. The hotel is modern and stylish, but warm at the same time. Very classy. The room was small, but comfortable and very well decorated. The shower was great and the wireless internet access worked well. I really enjoyed sitting in the lobby bar area and having a coffee or beer in the evening. The staff was friendly and very helpful on the rare occasion that I needed something. I did not try the restaurant, but it looked very nice (and popular), though a bit expensive at 15 Euro per person for breakfast.

I got a great rate by booking and paying in full in advance. For just over 90 Euro per night, it was an excellent value. The location was as central as one could want (I would actually have preferred to be a bit further away from Placa Catalunya & Las Ramblas). The chinese restaurant across the street, Dim Sum House Restaurant Asiatico, was excellent and very reasonably priced. There is also a supermarket just across the street, which is convenient for buying water or snacks. I would not hesitate to stay at the Pulitzer again next time I'm in Barcelona.

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

This hotel was in a great location within easy walking distance of La Rambla. The rooms were average in size but very clean and crisp! I stayed with my best friend and we had a great city break. The staff were lovely also and we got to use the fitness centre/swimming pool which was just down the road. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank you for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2009

This little gem, located 1/2 block from Plaza Catalunya, was a wonderful surprise and I would recommend it to anyone touring in Barcelona unlesss ou are looking for the most grand accomodation.. Very nice amenities, bathrooms, breakfast and a cozy bar complete with a Christmas Tree. Great bed, nice linens, robes and toiletries. Free internet. Most important, fantastic, helpful staff at the desk ,the dining room and in the bar. They offer help, even before you ask, and could not have been any nicer. Make sure to ask about the bedlamps as they are a little tricky with off/on/dim switches combined in same mechanism ( they were new to us)

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay.