“lovely stay”
Review of Hotel Pulitzer

Hotel Pulitzer
Ranked #105 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Just returned from Barcelona. Stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer - loveley hotel. Good rooms, Quiet, no street noise (our room was on floor 5) very friendly staff. Fabulous location. Excellent choice for breakfast. No food in the eveining - dining room closed - maybe it would have been better to have been notified of this prior to our arrival. Would stay here again and would recommend to all.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2010

Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments posted. I apologize for the inconveniences due to the restaurant at night, as you mentioned our restaurant Visit is closed at dinner time from December 2009 on however we offer a quick menu called Easy food at the Bar from 7am to 12pm.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.
Jose Mª Sanchez-Harguindey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,308)

Reviewed 11 January 2010

This is our third stay at this hotel everytime we visit Barcelona and sadly will be our last. We have noticed that the level of service and quality of the room is going downhill.
1. We requested for a non-smoking room and we were given a smoking room. There were cigarette butts in the shower/toilet room.
2. The room is not clean. Scuff and black marks all over the wall plust the cigarette butts in the shower/toilet room. A so called 4 star hotel would be like this.
3. Checking out service was very rude. We checked out early at 7am and the receptionist was very rude for some reason. Just the attitude was unbelievable. Anyway what goes around comes around.
As I said at the beginning this is not our first stay here but our third however after the attitude and the quality of the room they've provided us we will go and spend our money somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Westy2405
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2010

Dear Madam/Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments even when they are not positive. I would like to have more details about your incidentals and I would be pleased if you would be able to contact me if possible.
I really apologize for the inconveniences caused and I would be interested in changing your point of viiew about our Hotel.

Once again thank you

Reviewed 2 January 2010

The Pulitzer is in my opinion the best hotel in Barcelona. The lobby and roofterrace are great places to lounge about, the rooms are a bit small but very well appointed, and the location superb! The friendly staff speak fluent english. I stayed here on several times and will book this hotel everytime I am in Barcelona. My only worry is that booking them may become difficult if they keep this up.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We will try keeping this up however please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to come back and I would do my best to offer you our best offer.

Reviewed 1 January 2010

Lovely hotel with wonderful accommodations and a free pass to one of the nicest gyms I have ever frequented. The staff was fantastic, very responsive, and the price was far below what I would have expected for such a A-1 hotel experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends

Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments, I really appreciatte them. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.

Reviewed 31 December 2009

A friend and I stayed here in early September 2009 and were so satisfied that I booked my son and his wife here in December 2009. They had the same reaction as we had. The rooms are lovely with a great bathroom. The people at the desk are friendly and helpful. Since I booked my children's stay, I had some questions that were answered immediately. The hotel staff is very friendly. Superb location! I'll be there again.
Boots Newstrom

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BootsN

Dear Madam/Sir,

We really appreciatte your comments about your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit Barcelona again.

Reviewed 30 December 2009

My stay here could not have been better. The hotel is modern and stylish, but warm at the same time. Very classy. The room was small, but comfortable and very well decorated. The shower was great and the wireless internet access worked well. I really enjoyed sitting in the lobby bar area and having a coffee or beer in the evening. The staff was friendly and very helpful on the rare occasion that I needed something. I did not try the restaurant, but it looked very nice (and popular), though a bit expensive at 15 Euro per person for breakfast.

I got a great rate by booking and paying in full in advance. For just over 90 Euro per night, it was an excellent value. The location was as central as one could want (I would actually have preferred to be a bit further away from Placa Catalunya & Las Ramblas). The chinese restaurant across the street, Dim Sum House Restaurant Asiatico, was excellent and very reasonably priced. There is also a supermarket just across the street, which is convenient for buying water or snacks. I would not hesitate to stay at the Pulitzer again next time I'm in Barcelona.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.

Reviewed 28 December 2009

This hotel was in a great location within easy walking distance of La Rambla. The rooms were average in size but very clean and crisp! I stayed with my best friend and we had a great city break. The staff were lovely also and we got to use the fitness centre/swimming pool which was just down the road. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends

Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank you for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.