“Great location!”

Ranked #40 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Montpellier, France
“Great location!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

As all the tripadvisor members said, the location was absolutely fantastic. I planned all our Barcelona trip and as soon as we entered the room, my husband asked me " wow so how much we are paying for this room? " :) Great location, Good and reasonable room…

There are two things that I loved and appreciated the most were the coffee and the reading lights.. oh! well three thing, there is a versatile plug that you can use both 220v and 110v. How useful! Oh… coffee…. I am not a breakfast person but a absolute coffee person… My husband went to the bar where people can have the hotel breakfast got a pot of coffee and brought to me every morning while we were there ( the last morning, he got 2 pots! it was that good). The coffee was the best coffe I've ever had in a hotel in my life and guess what! They only charged 1.99 euros! Amazing. The secone, I am a kindle reader and usually bring my book light with me except this time. Each side of bed, there are the book lights. It was really practical and useful in many ways…

I will definitely go back to this hotel next time when I go to Barcelona!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank keewih

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights without a single problem. Hotel was close to 2 metro stations and 5-10 minutes walk to La Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya. It was a good base for us to rest and explore the surrounding areas. Did not have breakfast as it was kind of pricey, with cheaper eateries a short walk away.

Rooms were large and clean, a pleasant surprise considering the typical small sizes of European hotel rooms. The bed was very comfortable and we slept like a log throughout. Staff were friendly and most of them were very fluent in English.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Nice hotel with a large room for one, may be a little small for two, but really huge comparing to the room in Madrid hotel. The bathroom looks a little old and needs remodeling, but I found this a case in almost all hotels. The water takes a while to warm up. They don't have bathrobes and were surprised when I asked. The breakfast is OK if you don't stay long, but even on my third day I chose not to go there, despite it was free.The room service is OK. In Madrid I could have my hot water in a teapot to make tea every night for free and here you can't have water, but have to order tea.
The hotel was quiet, but the walls are really thin; I got a knock on my door from my neighbors because I was watching TV at night.
The desk people are nice and most of them speak English.
The location is excellent, in the middle of everything; I walked to the right to the old part of the city and to the left to all Gaudi's places.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MashaFurman
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after a cruise in a beautiful corner room. The room was spacious and we'll appointed. We loved the bathroom and the huge bed. The rooftop pool and terrace was gorgeous and we enjoyed being out late into the afternoon in November, which for us is a real treat at this time of year. Will definitely recommend and stay again...we love Barcelona, it has so much to offer.....

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hørsholm, Denmark
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I can recommend this hotel for short stays in Barcelona. The location is great. Near the Rambla and Placa Catelonia. The rooms have a good size and are nicely decorated, but the beads are not very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is nice compared with most other Barcelona hotels I have tried.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel had many good references, but our expectations were exceeded. We had a room on the top floor and it was great, just as the hotel pictures show, only normal and minor wear and tear was visible. Facilities were great, and the roof terrace with longe and pool was fantastic. Free wifi worked fine, the location 300m from Plaza de Catalonia was perfect for us. But maybe the best thing was the breakfast. A wide selection of everything you can expect. Like a mix of continental breakfast on steroids and tapas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ole-Johan
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 19 January 2014

we stayed here 6 nights. The hotel is 5 walking minutes from Plaza Catalunia, close to 2 Metro stations and many stores (surprisingly not many good restaurants around), what makes it a perfect location. The room was very clean, big bed (although not very comfortable) and the shower is well facilitated - all in all we found the room specious enough (keep in mind European standards) and pleasant. Tried their breakfast twice, it was nice but not justifying 22 euro. The one time we needed the front desk help, the guy was very nice and gave us what turned to be a great recommendation for a tapas restaurant.
We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple