“Fantastic price for a top quality hotel. Great location”
Review of Hotel Jazz

Hotel Jazz
Ranked #44 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed in February for just one (pleasant) day, and we arrived at 10am. Although check-in is not until 3pm, we had asked them to prepare our room earlier. The whole process was smooth and immediate. Staff at the desk are very helpful. PS. a cab from the airport to the hotel is 28 Euros. I'm sure you could take a bus for less.

The hotel is a short walk from the Ramblas and a short cab ride to any bars/clubs you may have previously looked up and want to get to. Cannot fault them on the location - I would definitely stay here next time I go Barca.

Try and get a room on the top floor and/or a corner room. We had neither (2nd floor) but were still very happy with the room. As we were there for a night, we didn't bother asking them to change our rooms. They were spacious and stylish. The bathroom was pretty awesome too - that's an important factor for me!

I could not have been happier with the level of service and location, for the price I paid (80 euros a night). Strongly recommend.

PS. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but why would you really? You're in Barcelona .. there are so many awesome places to eat!

Room Tip: High floors. Corner Rooms.
1  Thank JayTriv
There are newer reviews for Hotel Jazz

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel was really easy to get to from the airport and was in a great central location. Close to La Rambla, Plaza Catalunya and lots of other popular spots. The rooms were big, spacious and very clean and with free wifi. The terrace on the top was a lovely place to have a beer and chill out in the sun, and if it was warmer I would have been in the pool.

All the staff we met were also very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel Jazz was great! I absolutely loved it from the moment we walked in. The staff was very friendly, they even upgraded us to a Jr. Suite. This is definitely MORE than what you'd expect from a 3 star hotel.

I loved the room. It was airy, bright and spacious. I loved the style and the way it is decorated. Plenty of complimentary toiletries. Two showers?! LOVE! And did I mention how great the location is? Well, it is. Within blocks of the famous Las Ramblas, the subway station and a hop-on/hop-off bus stop.

Unfortunately, we were only here for one night, and we didn't get a chance to check out the pool. Because of our quick stop in Barcelona, we didn't have much time. I did see the bar though, and it's a nice one.

We will definitely be returning to Barcelona, and this is where you will find us. For us, this hotel was fantastic!

2  Thank dianadepp
Reviewed 18 February 2014

For a 3 star hotel this hotel ticked all the boxes: location, clean, large rooms, free wifi.

Location is very convenient, train station is just nearby was easy for us to get to the FC Barca game. Many tourist areas nearby such as Placa Catalunya (easy for hop off hop on bus), Gothic quarter (to aimlessly walk around), Passieg de Gracia (shopping) and lots of eateries nearby. There is also a clean fancy laundromat about 7 mins walk away (Splash Laundromat) where we did our laundry for 9 Euros. 24 hour store just downstairs which was actually well priced for water.

Staff are very helpful and friendly always saying hello and smiling. House keeping are very good too, rooms were always very clean.

Room is very large, yes the furniture is on the cheaper 3 star level but really do not care about that. We were able to have 2 large suitcases open comfortably. Closet is large with lots of hangers to hang jackets etc. Bed is large but really not that comfortable but still able to fall asleep fine. Bathroom is very good size with a bidet and lots of bench space too. The room is very quiet as the windows are double glazed.

Wifi was ok, it did drop off a bit here and there. We have an Apple Airport Express so with that plugged in we had no issues. But at least wifi is free unlike some hotels we've encountered.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we like to sleep in and there are many places to eat so close to the hotel.

Would definitely stay at the hotel again.

2  Thank Cloudy J
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The rooms were large with a modern styling. I'd well recommend staying there again. The staff were pleasant and helpful at all times. There was free internet all around the hotel. The only sore point is not so much a criticism of the hotel, but we weren't in the mood to get the Aerobus back and asked reception about a taxi. The concierge said it would be about €30 to the airport. They would call a taxi and it would be with us in a couple of minutes (so I suspect they have some relationship with the taxi company). The taxi driver drove down Las Ramblas instead of following the Aerobus out - I found that a little suspicious - but bit my lip. And the trip cost €38. Had I know that was the price , we would have gone for the Aerobus. Not directly the hotels responsibility but it was the only sour note of an otherwise very enjoyable stay. They should tell people its is about €40 to the airport.

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Sure, if you look closer at the room you realize that it IS a 3-star hotel, HOWEVER... it's clean, their rooms and their beds are of generous size and are very comfortable. Wi-fi worked without a hitch, service at their restaurant/bar was snappy (we ordered tea a number of times), and their location is primo!

The airport shuttle bus drops you off at Plaça Catalunya, which is a 2-minute walk to the hotel max. It's also a stone-throw away from the Barcelona subway (we've used it - it's great!), and it's basically at the edge of the Gothic Quarter and La Rambla (and the St-Catherine Market, which was amazing!).

Front desk staff were polite and courteous as well, and our check-in & check-out went very smoothly. As we discovered close to the end of our stay, the bathtub in the room above ours was leaking when someone used the shoer upstairs (quite a bit). We informed the hotel staff and they immediately offered to move us to another room. The cleaning staff probably could've done a better job (the dust bunnies remained on the floor after their were done), but we enjoyed our stay overall.

I cannot vouch for the food in their restaurant since we didn't dine there; but there are tons of other places around so it wouldn't matter anyways. I did check out their rooftop patio and their pool and it looks top-notch!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would most likely return there should I be so luck y to travel to Barcelona again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NadiaR777
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was part of a team going on a conference and we decided to stay in Barcelona for an extra night.
I've found the hotel in the TripAdvisor and all my freinds booked it as well. In total we booked 8 rooms from 3 types (single, double and triple) all of them thanked me for my choice.
Personally I can say it was great.
Once arrived the room was ready even though we arrived early, while we checked in the got a map of the city and the internet password (I liked the fact i didn't need to ask)
The room was large with all we needed. Location is great for walking and metro.

Room Tip: Ask for what you like and they will try to help, I wanted a quite room and got one, others asked for...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business