Sansi Diputacio Hotel
US$216
US$286
US$245
  • Pool
All reviewslobby areala ramblafantastic locationcentral locationcatalunyametro
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have just returned from Barcelona with my girlfriend. We stayed 4 nights in the Sansi hotel.  I will summerize: horrible rooms, disgusting breakfast, disrespect from the employers and especialy from the manager. I will give to this hotel 0 stars. I knew in advance that this hotel is recommended only for its location. Now i can say that i would prefer a less convinient location and not compromise on the hotel. DONT GO THERE!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Daniel M M
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Nice people at the desk, great location, but:
1. No clock in the room, one morning they forgot to make a wake up call, I had to skip breakfast but was still a bit late for my meeting.
2. No soap in the bathroom, only liquid soap dispenser in the shower tub.
3. No door sign 'Don't Disturb', and they do disturb you in the afternoon to lock the window.
4. Wireless Internet connection exists but it's so weak that it works only in a very limited area in the lobby, but not in the room (don't think my room was unique in that regards).
5. AC works poorly even at the max position, and it's hot there in May.
6. The breakfast is supposed to start at 7, but they only begin getting the food out after 7, so it's ready at 7:15, and coffee and the water for tea get really warm even later. For someone who needs to leave the hotel at 7:15, it's a nuissance.

Room Tip: At almost $200 a night this was a very bad deal. I believe you can get a true four star hotel for the same price.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Yury G
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the hotel 3 nights end of April.
The placement is good enough - Catalonia Sq. and La Ramblas are 5 minuts walk.
The room was quiet and warm.

Breakfasts are rather poor. We were not hungry but every day was the same, and wasnt enough vegetables.
Room was cleaned every day but towels were old, with holes.

In general its good and nice enough but not 4 stars hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was 207, view on the street but we didn't hear any street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M_22_M1978
Reviewed 24 March 2012

we stayed at the hotel x 3 nights.
it looked ok from the outside but when coming into the room the nightmare begins-

hairs in the bathtub...stained sheets, and hairs on the toilet seat. :/
no soap, shampoo or anything else in the shower. (and that is supposed to be a 4 star hotel)
breakfast was poor.. no normal coffee not even hot water to make a cup of tea. saw the staff putting back uneaten food... horrible.
and then on my last day to make this "lovey" stay completed. staff stole my favourite shirt from my room. needles to say it was never found in the laundry room like claimed.
to sum up-
make yourself a favor
don't go there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank angie_sims112
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Took 3 nights in the hotel, location is not so great (5-10 minutes from the Ramblas).
Worst issue was that the maid stole few shirts from my girlfriend and after complaining and left our details - we had no feedback - but this is not everything. I travelled a lot and visited high quality and low qualiry hotel but this one was very bad:
Room was small and dirty. The sheets seemed to be dirty and not washed. We noticed some human hair that was in the bathtub and around the toilet when we got in, smell was bad and the handle for the window was removed so no window can be opened.
Unfortunately, breakfast seemed to be cheap and not satisfying, the cultury, plates and glasses was dirty and it was really a shame. I noticed the cleaning lady returning pastries that was not eaten to the fresh baskets - we were shoked.

Very bad experience, I don't understand why they get 4 stars - I will recommend not going there.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple