Stayed at the Sansi Diputacia hotel in Barcelona march 13:th to March 18:th 2013, and it was not a good experience!
We are a couple of about 45 years of age, and well behaved non smokers.
In the ranking it see itself as a 4 star hotel, but in reality it is a 2 star at the most.
First, no check-in before 17.00.
The room we got first was ice cold, and the air condition was not possible to controle, the thermostat on the wall was apparently just for On or Off...there was no functionality to control the temperature.
We moved to another room, where the air condition did not work at all, but the heating was on constantly (we notices this later).
It was not possible to open a window as the handles on the only window in the room had been removed. When asking about getting a handle to open a window with, we were told that is was impossible because "you could throw something out of the window, or smoke in the room, so it is not allowed to open the window"!!!?
We were offered that one of the hotel staff could follow us to the room, open the window and the stay there until it was time to close the window again!
Needless to say, we did not take this offer as it was late and we wanted to go to bed.
So, a hotel room with no ventilation...not good when you have taken a shower. We ended up having to keep the door to the corridor open to get some ventilation into the room when possible.
Other things that did not work was the WiFi (the hotel markets that they offer free WiFi), but as said - not working!
We wanted to have a glass of wine in the bar, but at first they could not find a corkscrew, and when they found one they did not know how to use it, so I had to open the bottle myself!? You might think I am making this up, and believe me, I wish I were, but i is totally true!
The breakfast did not have enough cops and plates, so if you were late (that is to say that 20 persons had eaten before you) you had to wait until someone did the dishes before eating.
In the breakfast room there was a leak in the ceiling making water tribble onto the floor. This leak was there our entire stay.
I cannot recommend the Sansi Diputacio in Barcelona to anyone looking for a better accommodation than, maybe at tops 2 stars!!
Stay away and chose another hotel for a good stay!
Michael and wife
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sansi Diputacio is located in the heart of Barcelona, in the Eixample district. This area is known for being quiet, modern and elegant. Noted for its modernist architecture, extensive range of restaurants, for its prestigious boutiques located one block from Paseo de Gracia, where two of the most emblematic works of Gaudi, such as Casa Batllo and La Pedrera. The hotel is located just five minutes from downtown, the famous Gothic Quarter, the Cathedral, the Picasso Museum and Las Ramblas. Also, being in the heart of the city, has an excellent accessibility, since only five minutes away are three tube stations (Pl. Catalunya, Ps de Gracia, Pl. University) and two railway stations (Square Catalonia and Ps de Gracia). For customers who come in the AVE Sants Station is three subway stops ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sansi Diputacio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sansi Diputacio
- Sansi Diputacio Barcelona
- Sansi Diputacio Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia