“Great hotel.will stay there again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa

Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa
Ranked #217 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
“Great hotel.will stay there again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Comfortable clean with effecient snd friendly staff...great place to stay. Nothing was too much trouble and staff were happy to give directions to places of interest. I felt more like a friend than a guest

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JORGEPEREZ, Director General at Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great opinion and I am really pleased that you feel as a friend with us.

We really appreciate your time to give us your opinion, for us is always welcomed our guests help to improve our services.

We are pleased to have had you with us and hope to see you soon at any of our worldwide Axel Hotels.

Axel Hotel Barcelona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We atayed at 701 Suite and everything was amazing!! The room, the bathroom, the private terrace!!!

The hotel is at the heart of Barcelona, close to shops, bars, restaurants...

We are dying to be back in summer for the roof terrace parties!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JORGEPEREZ, Director General at Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your opinion, it´s very helpful for us. We strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We provide maximum efficiency in your individual care regarding both quality of our services and accommodation aspects.

Hope to see you back here in any of our Axel Hotels.

Montpellier, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

As for our first time in Barcelona I must say it was perfect.

Axel Hotel staff its amazing and so friendly. We had an amazing, clean and huge room. Great bathroom and very good breakfast.

The roof terrace is so cool!!! We enjoyed the Boys With Heels party!!

We will be back!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JORGEPEREZ, Director General at Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate the magnificent views and the confidence you have placed in us as Axel hotel.
We always try to offer the best service and quality to our guests and we are delighted that you value our efforts; please we invite you to repeat with us and be part of Axel hotels.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was my first stay in Axel Hotel Barcelona. The room was more than big enough and was facing the street. That was not a problem since it was on the 5th floor. The staff at the reception was really helpful telling me where to go and where to location of the hotel was in regards to the different sites in Barcelona. The hotel is really located in walking distance to a lot of the main sites in Barcelona - all except the Beach I'd say - if you're not afraid of doing a little bit of walking. Actually one day I walked fra the Gaudi Parc back to the hotel - Guess 45 min slowly walking. The gym at the hotel is big enough but the AC / or the lack of AC was an issue for me. The rooftop terrasse With its bar and small pool is just great for relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. I'll be back in july and looking forward to my stay already,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so, so much for such amazing opinion!!
We are pleased to have had you with us and hope to see you soon at Axel Hotel Barcelona to enjoy summer with us.

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very comfortable, clean, and modern hotel near the Universitat metro station and within easy walking distance to Placa de Catalunya, La Rambla, El Barri Gotic, and other important tourist sites (and Starbucks was just 2 blocks away!). Availability at the Axel Hotel will be the first thing we check when we start planning our next trip to Barcelona.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, rooms facing an interior courtyard will be quieter than those facing the street b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JORGEPEREZ, Director General at Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great opinion!!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

After checking-in at the Axel we immediately noticed that the aircon wasn't working in our room. We called reception but the receptionist said we had to wait half an hour for the unit to begin working. Sounded strange but we waited around 40 minutes at which point the aircon still hadn't kicked in. We waited for someone to come and look at it but nobody did so we elected to go back to reception and pay to upgrade to a suite.

The suite itself was really nice, and definitely worth the upgrade, but lavatory tissue wasn't replaced during our stay, which is unacceptable for a two-night stay.

My third and most serious complaint, though, was with with the hotel's two bars. Firstly we went to the ground floor bar and ordered two beers, which came to €14, which I thought was a little pricey but not horrendous. Later on the same night we ordered two beers and an orange juice, and was charged €12. Clearly the first barman had ripped me off. Strangely that same barman was serving in the Sky Bar the following evening, and he ignored me completely the whole time that I stood at the bar waiting to be served. He clearly saw me with my money in my hand but deliberately served every single person around me and ignored me. Even when other people arrived at the bar they were all served before me. In the end I gave up and went back to our table empty-handed. Our friend took the cash and came back, drinks in hand, two minutes later. Quite what I had done to this barman to justify such bizarre treatment I shall never know.

Overall this hotel could be great but it really needs to make sure that there is lavatory tissue in each room, and clearly barmen charging whatever they like for drinks and pocketing the difference is really unfortunate. I've never experienced that in any hotel before.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CLHScott
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review, I am really sorry that your stay at the hotel was not to your liking.

First of all I want to apologize for an atypical situation that has lived with our bar staff, I must say that we have already taken action in this regard on its non-satisfaction with the barman.

I can only tell you, to please give us a second chance, which I'm sure will not disappoint you this time.

Again sorry for what happened, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time,

Valencia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Amazing staff, specially the guy in the recepcion, i remember his beutiful smile but i forgot the name. Very clean rooms, funny night life, i've been in the terraze for the Axel Boy contest and i enjoy a lot. I love the sky bar. Hope to come back soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JORGEPEREZ, Director General at Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa, responded to this review, 20 April 2014