“Met all needs, 5 star service”

Silken Concordia Hotel
Ranked #227 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were very happy with this hotel. Spent three night in the middle of a one month trip. Arrived very late and check in was without incident. The room was basic but comfortable but had a double bed for us both. To small for me. I asked about a bigger bed and they were sold out that night but he said he would leave a note and they could accommodate the following two nights. To my surprise when I followed up in the morning I was told to leave our luggage in the room and they would take care of the move. They delivered exactly as promised. We were able to open windows in both rooms for ventilation and the AC seemed to work fine. Bed was comfortable, rooms and hotel were clean. Very easy access to metro just across the street. Three stop to la Rambla. 27euro cab from airport or with 24 hours notice you can get a shuttle for 9

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Poppareilly
There are newer reviews for Silken Concordia Hotel

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, found it very easy from airport bus stop a short 10 min walk. Room was a little small but that is the only negative. Wifi and air con all in working order and room exceptionally clean. Tootbrush kits, shower gel, soap, shampoo, shoeshine and sewing kit oh and a comb!!

Little bakery to the left is worth a visit as is very reasonable.

They keep your bags and all very professional as they tag them and give you a ticket. Been in a lot of hotels in New York that just throw cases in a room and seem to hope for the best. ..so I was a little impressed!!

When we returned to pick up our bags we thought we would sit and catch our breath for 30 minutes before making our way to airport but my husband's phone had forgot the wifi code, reception staff printed us out a new one even though we had checked out 7 hours earlier.

Would tecommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lippylinda
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I usually take a trip to Barcelona once a year. Having stayed at different venues, I selected this hotel for the first time. I stayed here for four nights along with 3 other people who had their own rooms. The rooms were very standard and along with the bathroom. The bathroom amenities were great and made the nights more enjoyable. The staff were very helpful and alert.

This hotel is located in front of the metro stop. It was conveniently located for the train to the Camp Nou and a couple of stops from most locations. There always many restaurants, bars and bakeries available for all to enjoy.

My only compliant was the air conditioning. Most of the rooms were very hot. When attempting to configure room temperatures, you simply could not. The staff were informed, but we were advised the hotel does not have air conditioning and we would have to deal with it. This was disappointing and made it very difficult to sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Allan G
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a combo business (him)/ pleasure (me) trip. It is conveniently located by the metro, which is a very convenient way to see the city. The room was a deluxe mini suite. I was surprised that it was located just above the busy street in front of the hotel. It was very comfortable, though the shower design was really funky...the shower jet pointed straight at the glass door in front, causing a huge stream of water escaping onto the floor. But I have been in several oddly designed showers in Europe, so I wasn't bothered.
I want to give a shout out to Alex at the front desk who was tremendously gracious to me when I completely messed up my reservation online, not once, but twice. The front desk staff are courteous and helpful, and they made our visit a pleasant one.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed for a February break here and enjoyed the location. Next to bus stops and metro station. Nice 20 minute walk o down the harbor. Room was alright for a short stay. Breakfast buffet was fantastic I thought at that time. Amazing city

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights , when travelling on business. The location was fairly central with bus stop right outside and trains only a short walk away. Taxis were easily hailed from the front door- you don't need to ask reception to call one just look for one with the green light on and hail it. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the free Wi fi was very good.
My room was simple and clean , the bathroom while a little tired, was spotlessly clean. The shower was over the bath with a curtain - a pet hate of mine - but it was powerful and the temperature was great.
My room was at the back of the hotel , so no traffic noise at all.
I would have liked to give this hotel a good review ,
Unfortunately though it wasn't good for a good night sleep - even with the air con and lights all switched off there was an irritating loud humming noise , the walls were quite thin between rooms and I could hear my neighbours mobile phone, using the toilet , splashing in the bath and snoring as clearly as if they were in the room with me. I didn't have my window open.
I found that I was not sleeping very well and woke several times during the night and felt very tired all week.
The worst thing was I noticed during my trip that my skin was feeling irritated and itchy - I blamed it initially on change in climate or different washing detergents.
However on my last night I woke at 3am with terrible itching again and when I pulled back the covers I saw a small black insect in the bed.
I'm now home and can count 23 different bites on me, some as large as a 20 pence piece, They are incredibly itchy and sore and I am now having to take a course of antihistamines.
I described the insect I saw and the consensus is that it was quite likely bed bugs.
What ever they were - they certainly had a good meal on me !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Travis2802
Jose Luis L, Public Relations Manager at Silken Concordia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Silken Concordia. We appreciate your comments and we are really glad to hear that our staff was helpful, the central location of the hotel was good and the Wifi connection was a plus during your business stay.
Nevertheless we are sorry to hear that you had some issues with noises in your room and a problem with the irritation of your skin.
It is a pitty that you didn’t let us know those inconveniences while you were in our hotel as we would have acted immediately.
Our guests opinions are vital to improve our services and we will take in consideration your commentaries to improve.

Wishing you the best.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here a few times on Business. Very clean and good service, and ok location, right next to Underground station.

A few things that put me off: Room Sizes are very average, most other hotels I have stayed in have been larger. That said very clean and modern.

The breakfast offering is average, they ahve some hot food selections, but always luke warm at best.

Ok place to stay when on business, but not my first choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

In the name of Hotel Silken Concordia team, we want to thank you for making a review about your stay with us, on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you appreciate all our services, specially the cleaning of the rooms. Our guests opinions are vital to improve our services, and although your stay has been good, we will take in consideration your commentaries to improve some aspects. It´s been a pleasure to have you as guests and it would be wonderfull to have you once again at Hotel Silken Concordia.

Kindest regards,