My partner and I have just returned after spending 3 nights (mon-thurs) at this hotel.
We arrived at 14:10 to check in and were advised that we would have to wait until 3, not really a problem as there are bars nearby just had to change in the toilets.
Location wise if you come out of the hotel and go over the road you have the 'Poble Sec' metro which is Line 3. If you come out of the hotel, go right, cross over a minor road and follow the road along (so you pass La Boheme cafe/pub) you are onto a strip which is fab on the night expecially if you like pintxos, it gets really busy.
The room size was decent and you would be able to 'swing a cat' in ti. Full bathroom with toiletries. Had an issue with the aircon but was quickly sorted whilst we were out. Minibar is expensive. The maids start in the corridors at 9am and they are very noisy!! We stayed in Room 402 which was on the back of the hotel and looed into residential properties out back.
There is a pool situated between floors 4 and 5 on the fire escape, its not very big but has some sunbeds as well as a teeny tini minigolf - it wasnt actually opening until after we left though :(
The hotel has a bar attached which is actually very reasonable costwise.
We would return although maybe with earplugs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silken Concordia is situated 800 metres from Plaza Espana and the Fira de Barcelona Exhibition Centre. It features an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, cocktail bar and mini golf. The Silken Concordia's bright, spacious rooms feature contemporary decor and air conditioning. Each room includes free WiFi, a flat-screen TV, safe, minibar and a marble bathroom with a range of amenities. The Concordia's modern, elegant Bistro Triple Sec Restaurant serves typical Mediterranean cuisine, specialising in veal, steak tartar and homemade tomato salad. The varied breakfast buffet includes healthy options. There is also a cafe. Located next to Poble Sec Station, the hotel is a 5-minute Metro journey from Barcelona Port and La Rambla. You can also walk to the Rambla in 15 minutes. Direct airport buses stop in Plaza Espana, a 15-minute walk away. Private parking is available on site for an extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Silken Concordia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Concordia Barcelona
- Hotel Silken Concordia
- Silken Concordia Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia