I have been to Barcelona a few time. This time I booked a hotel then decided to stay a few extra days and ended up staying here, much to my disappointment. This hotel is just awful. They claim to be a 4 star but are more like 2 stars.
Staff: The staff was rude and unhelpful. I had a few issues during my stay(see below) and the front desk staff did not care at all. It seemed like I was bothering them if I asked a question or for directions. The staff in the restaurant ignored us until I repeatedly asked for assistance.
Location: Even though this hotel is located in neighborhood convenient to transit, it is run-down and rough. Do not be expecting it to be tourist friendly. It was not pretty and at sometimes we felt a little uncomfortable.
Rooms: The room was an okay size, but the lay out was odd. There was a long narrow hallway inside our room with a closet not even big enough for a small suitcase. I had to beg to receive an actually queen size bed, not one with two twins pushed together. It was dark and didn't receive much light through the one small porthole sized window. Furthermore the A/C did not function properly. Our room was as hot and humid as a steam room. I complained on multiple occasions. I was first told they would have someone look at it. No one ever came to look at it. I tried to leave the system running all day and told the front desk as well as left a note in Spanish for the cleaning staff to not turn it off. Later in the day we returned to a balmy room because it had been turned off. I complained again and asked if we could change rooms. We were informed the hotel was full and there was absolutely nothing they could do. We suffered through another hot night.
Other: The pool was the nicest thing about this hotel but they close it FAR too early.
The business center was more like a corner with a computer and a broken printer.
I do NOT recommend this hotel. There are many other options in Barcelona that are of better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silken Concordia is situated 800 metres from Plaza Espana and the Fira de Barcelona Exhibition Centre. It features an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, cocktail bar and mini golf. The Silken Concordia's bright, spacious rooms feature contemporary decor and air conditioning. Each room includes free WiFi, a flat-screen TV, safe, minibar and a marble bathroom with a range of amenities. The Concordia's modern, elegant Bistro Triple Sec Restaurant serves typical Mediterranean cuisine, specialising in veal, steak tartar and homemade tomato salad. The varied breakfast buffet includes healthy options. There is also a cafe. Located next to Poble Sec Station, the hotel is a 5-minute Metro journey from Barcelona Port and La Rambla. You can also walk to the Rambla in 15 minutes. Direct airport buses stop in Plaza Espana, a 15-minute walk away. Private parking is available on site for an extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silken Concordia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Concordia Barcelona
- Hotel Silken Concordia
- Silken Concordia Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia