“Nice stay”

Ranked #224 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Tromso, Norway
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had a nice 5 day stay at Hotel Silken Concordia in August. The hotel was better than expected from the pictures we had seen on the internet.

It was really lovely with the small pool area on the roof of the 5th floor.

The location was central but a bit far to walk to for example Placa Catalonia. Very close to Magic Fountain, and a decent walk to the harbor promenade.

If the chance arises I will certainly return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katharina73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

It may be a good hotel for business travel, it's 5~8 mins walk distance to plaza republica, nothing else rgding vacation travel, I will not choose it for next travel in Barcelona. No, I probably will never travel to Barcelona again.

Stayed August 2014
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Silken Concordia Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Dear guest,

thanks for having chosen hotel Silken Concordia for your stay.

We regret you didn't enjoy the beautiful city of Barcelona in your family trip.

As any other big cities in Europe, sometimes travelling with children or elderly people is not easy. But Barcelona has got a great public transport and weather that make easy to move from one place to another.

Wishing you the best,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been to Barcelona a few time. This time I booked a hotel then decided to stay a few extra days and ended up staying here, much to my disappointment. This hotel is just awful. They claim to be a 4 star but are more like 2 stars.

Staff: The staff was rude and unhelpful. I had a few issues during my stay(see below) and the front desk staff did not care at all. It seemed like I was bothering them if I asked a question or for directions. The staff in the restaurant ignored us until I repeatedly asked for assistance.

Location: Even though this hotel is located in neighborhood convenient to transit, it is run-down and rough. Do not be expecting it to be tourist friendly. It was not pretty and at sometimes we felt a little uncomfortable.

Rooms: The room was an okay size, but the lay out was odd. There was a long narrow hallway inside our room with a closet not even big enough for a small suitcase. I had to beg to receive an actually queen size bed, not one with two twins pushed together. It was dark and didn't receive much light through the one small porthole sized window. Furthermore the A/C did not function properly. Our room was as hot and humid as a steam room. I complained on multiple occasions. I was first told they would have someone look at it. No one ever came to look at it. I tried to leave the system running all day and told the front desk as well as left a note in Spanish for the cleaning staff to not turn it off. Later in the day we returned to a balmy room because it had been turned off. I complained again and asked if we could change rooms. We were informed the hotel was full and there was absolutely nothing they could do. We suffered through another hot night.

Other: The pool was the nicest thing about this hotel but they close it FAR too early.
The business center was more like a corner with a computer and a broken printer.

I do NOT recommend this hotel. There are many other options in Barcelona that are of better value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Jose Luis L, Public Relations Manager at Silken Concordia Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
First of all,

thanks for staying at Hotel Silken Concordia. We are happy that you were pleased with our brand new Swimming pool. In your comment you state that you would like it to be open longer, but for the rest of the other guests in their rooms and for the safety of our guests, we consider that from 10am to 8pm is a good timetimeble. Nevertheless we will consider your comments and we will reconsider the opening and closing hours.

On the other hand we would like to excuse ourselves for the problem of the Aircon, it is our priority the satisfaction of our clients, and for this reason we will make sure that any problems that may occur during our guests stay are solved at once.

Thanks again for staying at out hotel.
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you want to visit a lot in a few days this is the hotel you should stay in. First of all, the bus which takes you from the airport to the city has its first stop 10 minutes by walk from the hotel (Placa Espanya stop). Secondly, it's a short ride from here to the airport (about 20 minutes). Thirdly, there is a metro station 2 minutes away from the hotel. Also, in placa de Espanya you can see the magic fountain- which starts playing at 9 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. (which, by the way, is one of my fav places in Barcelona - I should say a MUST SEE). You are just a few metro stops away from Las Ramblas or from La Sagrada Familia. The breakfast is great -plenty of options (both for vegetarians or non-vegetarians) - among others a good selection of cheeses (camembert,cheddar cheese etc.), fruits (kiwi, mangos, pineapple, melon etc.), the traditional Jamón ibérico and the Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola) and as a drink they are offering, natural orange juice. It was a pleasant stay. I didn't spend so much time in the room, but I should say that the room was nice and clean. I didn't have time for the pool, though, it is not a place to stay longer that a few hours because the pool is really small - it is more like a kids pool. I went there one morning after breakfast and stayed only 10 minutes. They have also a small terrace. There were not so many people around at that time. All in all, it was a good stay, I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Synthia_Jb
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is based in a nice location with it only being couple stops on the metro to La Ramblas, The rooms are reasonable size with a massive bed and very clean rooms. I recommend to stay here if your stopping into barca for a few nights to see the sights

We didnt have breakfast there but plenty of places around to get a bite

Free wifi and helpful front desk

The traffic on the road can be loud but just stay out and drink a bit more

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chademan
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location not far from La Rambla (10 min walk). The rooms are clean and modern. The only problem we had were hard beds and noisy room. Room 111 (first floor) was basically street level. Very very noisy in the early morning. We heard recycling truck pick up bottles? Cars honking, sirens, and people singing right outside out window. I would suggest not to room on first floor

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank butterflytravellor
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Silken Concordia Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear guest,

thanks for staying at Hotel Silken Concordia,
we are happy that you had a nice stay in Barcelona.

We are sorry for the inconveniences caused by some noises in the street, unfortunately in summer time people goes out more frequently and tend to be more noisy, plus usually the garbage is being picked up late at night in this city.

We thank again for having stayed in Hotel Silken Concordia and we look forward to greet you in your next trip yo Barcelona.
Germantown, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel was reasonably located and priced. However, one's experience is almost directly related to the welcome one receives and the feeling of being a valued guest in the hotel. Having traveled all over the world, I was particularly keen in visiting Barcelona. The hotel staff never greeted me once or looked up as I or my family passed by the lobby. We asked for only 2 things - an electric converter and 2 extra pillows. We never got the converter - the front desk staff said that nobody returns them! The extra pillows were delivered on the last night of our stay after 3 reminders. I will absolutely never stay here again and not encourage a traveler that values customer service to do so either. My wonderful impression of Barcelona was marred by the hotel, when it could have easily been otherwise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bbitsi00
First of all thanks for choosing Hotel Silken Concordia in your stay in Barcelona.

We are sorry that you were not pleased with our Guest service.

It's our objective to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible. Regarding the electric converters we usually have them in stock and we are more than happy to lend them to our guests but unfortunately some people do not return them and it must have been the reason why we were not able to help you with that matter.

We will pass on your suggestions to our reception staff to make sure that no other guests find themselves in this particular situation.