US$222
US$150
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

Hotel Espana(Barcelona)
US$192
US$168
US$150
US$132
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$234
US$190
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$257
US$245
Derby Hotels
US$207
US$177
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Expo Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
US$187
US$168
Official Website
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$208
US$163
  • Pool
All reviewsminute walkrocafort metro stationdecent bathroomthe main tourist areathe airport bus stopthe hotel is cleanwould stay here againthree starbuffet breakfastquiet locationpleasant stayreception areacold meatsla ramblastayed for nightshotel is situatedpublic transport
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my friend on a sight-seeing trip. Staff were friendly and provided us with a city map on arrival which was really helpful. Beware because we travelled out of season and some of the attractions were not open such as the Tipidabo funfair and the fountain light show. The room was basic but clean. We had no problems. I asked to borrow an iron and this was delivered to the room for me. Breakfast was nice but the toaster was a bit slow! My friend loved the croissants with the nutella! There was a selection of cakes and pastries, fruit,cereal and yoghurts. Overall we were really happy with our choice of hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank roadtripshellie
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Nice hotel, pleasant staff, clean, basic breakfast but not too bad. The best thing about this hotel is the location. Only a 10 minute walk from the bustling Plaza de Espanya.

Here you have one of the main bus stops for the open top tourist buses and you can also buy your tickets at a kiosk here. A brilliant shopping centre, which used to be a bull ring (and where The Beatles played in the 1960's). It includes a handy supermarket, great shops and plenty of eating places to chose from. Also in walking distance is a park with a colourful Joan Miro statue.

But also use the subway stops close to the hotel. I was only in Barcelona 4 days and didn't brave the subway until day 3. But once I did I wish I had done it sooner, so cheap and simple.

This hotel is a great base to see other things.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank garda84
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We liked the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was large and comfortable. Ours even had a bike for fitness :) There is a airobus stop not far away from it so it is easy to get to the hotel from airport. The location is nice as it is quiet but it takes some time to get to the city sights

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week. It's not a bad hotel to base yourself whilst in this fantastic city, but next time we'll stay closer to the vibrant old town. It's located in a fairly quiet neighbourhood, at the wrong end of the Eixample district with not a lot going on. Urgell metro station is just around the corner though (few minutes walk) and in fairness the trains are frequent and quick.
Staff are pleasant enough, as was the room, but nothing really stood out. I suppose one's expectations can't be too high of a 3 star hotel. It was clean though, and that's important.
The daily charge to use the wifi is scandalous, it really should be free these days. Didn't sample the food so can't comment on that but I remember the charge for breakfast being exorbitant too.
In summary you won't be disappointed if you stay here, it strikes me as a reliable hotel, but if you can afford it stay in a nicer property closer to the action.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 000Glenn
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed at the HCC Open in Barcelona for 4 nights in November. It was a delightful experience. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and seemed to speak English (better than I could speak Spanish anyway!), the hotel, as well as the room was nice and clean and had everything you would need for a comfortable stay in this wonderful city.

They have a very large range of food available for their buffet breakfast, and a selection of hot breakfast food can be ordered too. You can take as long you like in the restaurant too, nobody breathing down your neck to move on.

There is free WiFi throughout the building, including your room and you can use it on more than one device.

You have to pay for the safe in the room, however, it only cost me about 6 euro for the 4 nights.

No need to pack loads of travel stuff either as most of it is provided (towels, shampoo, soap, hair dryers etc) and there is several supermarkets within less than a 3 minute walk. The only things missing from the room which I thought would have been nice to have available, was a Kettle/Coffee Machine. There isn’t a Iron or Ironing Board in the room either (I think this could have been brought to your room on request though).

The hotel locations was brilliant, easy walking distance to everywhere, or if you fancy using the underground you just have to walk one block to Rochfort station. (little tip here, get yourself a travel card to match the days you are staying, I got one for four days, it pays for itself, and you can use it on all public transport, even on the train from the airport. (if you book it on line you can pick it up from tourist office at the airport too).

All in all I would defiantly use this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo