“Excellent location, good value for the money”
Review of HCC Open Hotel

HCC Open Hotel
Ranked #302 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Paris, France
“Excellent location, good value for the money”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

HCC Open is located in the heart of the Eixample area, a less touristy, more calm area than the Ramblas and the shopping area. It is near all the activities without all the noise and crowds. The women at the front desk were reactive, accommodating and friendly. While they didn't speak French, they spoke English well and if you know a little Spanish, you'll get along fine.
The room is fine: clean, the double bed is really two twin mattresses pushed together (typical all over Spain), with all the amenities.
I only ate breakfast in the restaurant - buffet style. Unlike the reception, the wait staff were not friendly, hardly looked up, but if you need anything, they'll get in for you quick enough.
The price could not be better. I know Barcelona well, and I'll come back here. You'll centrally located, near two metro stations, breakfast included for well under what I pay normally.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor if you want the most quiet rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Madrid
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was one week ago in this hotel with my girlfriend and we stayed here for a couple of days. We really like this hotel, the relation quality-price was very good and it is located in the center of the city, near plaza españa. Staff was very nice and helpful, they gave us interesting information about what to visit in Barcelona. I would come again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gunther B
West Hollywood, California, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Staff is helpful, but not very happy to be. If they've told you something once they put up a fight to tell you again. Our wifi wold be disconnected every time we left the hotel and they were SUPER IRRITATED to give us the password again- which, btw, was ever changing. It took us MORE THAN AN HOUR to check in because the front desk staff was having problems figuring out how to imput the price we had been quoted that morning by the manager. There were 5 adults standing downstairs with all of our luggage (2 of them being my 80 year old parents) and it was 11pm. Even though it was clear we were staying there and just finalizing the paperwork they would not allow JUST my parents to go into one of the rooms to lay down. Rooms are clean for the most part, I think..... I stayed 3 in a double room and slept on the roll away but pretty sure I came home with bug bites ALL OVER myself from the roll away. No one else got them and that was the only difference in the trip. Clean, but the floors in room looked a little funky. They gave us a free breakfast deal but when I woke up early and came down to eat before my cab to the airport I was told I could not take an extra mini croissant with me as all food had to be eaten in the dining area. (I get it, that's their policy. However, I was the first and ONLY person in the area and it was clear I was leaving the hotel- and it was a MINI CROISSANT- give me a break.)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just off the main tourist area, the Open lets you experience the local culture without giving up access to the main downtown tourist attractions. If you want to walk, everything is within 15 - 40 minutes. Cabs to most areas are less than 10 Euro and the subway stop is two short block away. We had breakfast included and there was a nice variety of choice. There are lots of good restaurants and cafes within a ten minute walk.

Staff are friendly and accommodating. We had a great holiday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends or come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my friend on a sight-seeing trip. Staff were friendly and provided us with a city map on arrival which was really helpful. Beware because we travelled out of season and some of the attractions were not open such as the Tipidabo funfair and the fountain light show. The room was basic but clean. We had no problems. I asked to borrow an iron and this was delivered to the room for me. Breakfast was nice but the toaster was a bit slow! My friend loved the croissants with the nutella! There was a selection of cakes and pastries, fruit,cereal and yoghurts. Overall we were really happy with our choice of hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank roadtripshellie
Scotland
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Nice hotel, pleasant staff, clean, basic breakfast but not too bad. The best thing about this hotel is the location. Only a 10 minute walk from the bustling Plaza de Espanya.

Here you have one of the main bus stops for the open top tourist buses and you can also buy your tickets at a kiosk here. A brilliant shopping centre, which used to be a bull ring (and where The Beatles played in the 1960's). It includes a handy supermarket, great shops and plenty of eating places to chose from. Also in walking distance is a park with a colourful Joan Miro statue.

But also use the subway stops close to the hotel. I was only in Barcelona 4 days and didn't brave the subway until day 3. But once I did I wish I had done it sooner, so cheap and simple.

This hotel is a great base to see other things.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank garda84
Spain
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We liked the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was large and comfortable. Ours even had a bike for fitness :) There is a airobus stop not far away from it so it is easy to get to the hotel from airport. The location is nice as it is quiet but it takes some time to get to the city sights

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family