“I found my favorite paella-place after living three years in BCN”

Chiringuito Las Sardinitas
Reserve with
Chiringuito Las Sardinitas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,526 of 9,507 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
Description: Chiringuito Las Sardinitas is located on the beach, with a magnificent terrace where enjoy delicious paellas, grilled sardines, or any other tapa from its wide menu. All this wrapped with the Mediterranean breeze and extraordinary sea views. Capacity 100 people in the room 100 people on the terrace Special menus for groups
Barcelona
“I found my favorite paella-place after living three years in BCN”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

During my last month in BCN, I decided to check out a place a friend once recommended to me for paella. I had passed by the place several times on beach days, but I always suspected it would be very crappy and touristy.
The first time I went, I was more than pleasantly surprised! We had some delicious pan con tomate (catalan bread with tomato), very good bravas and yummy paella.
For what they charge more than value for money.
Nevertheless, I have to be honest, I went back every weekend after that (4x in total) and the quality of the food is variable, but always great, just not always superb.
Definitely recommend it to people who wanna have a nice paella at the beach!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
“Good seafood”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

For this price we were enchanted to see such good seafood. Not as good as some other seafood resturants at the beach but the other are more expensive and this one really has reasonable prices. Apparently one has to know what to order since I couldn't believe one of the reviews I saw on tripadvisor about food from cans in this place. Perhaps they were mistaken with another restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Rome, Italy
“Good chiringuito !!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Good place to take fish dinner close Port Olimpic!! Good Paella de mariscos and grilled fish. Good atmosfere just front the sea !!!

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
“Nice food at afordable prices”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

It is not a 4 or 5 five star resaturant. But if you'rein for a good meal after a day at the beach it is a great place to go at. Staff is just fine, food solid especially if you're hungry. Mostly frozen sea food but that's why the prices are more than acceptable. We had a very good mid-done burer and fish & chips. I recommend the local san miguel beer.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Probably the worst restaurant we have ever been!!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I with our two little boys went to this restaurant on our first day in Barcelona a few weeks ago. We were totally disappointed by the food quality and service there!

Location:

The restaurant is in a good location, right next to the beach.

Food quality:

We ordered two tapas, cockles in special sauce, and grilled sardines; followed by seafood paella. The cockles came first and we couldn’t believe our eyes. It’s in a tin, yes, in a tin that you could find in the tined fish shelves of any supermarket! And thank goodness they remembered to remove the label around the tin (but didn’t bother to empty it into a proper serving plate!!). And the taste, was really a tinned product, of medium quality. And we happened to pass by a shop on our way back to hotel, in which I found tined cockles of similar size priced at only 1 or 2 Euros. And this restaurant charges 9.15 Euro for this straight-out-of-supermarket tin! The second tapas was slightly better, at least freshly cooked by the restaurant, but dirty and heavily burned and not appealing at all. So my husband and I each had one bite and our two children didn’t even want to try. The paella was ok.

Service:

The gentleman who served us was the rudest I have ever seen! He practically threw the menus on our table. When my 5yo son was eating, he walked by and knocked the back of my son’s chair. As a result, my son’s chin was knocked to the table edge. And the gentleman didn’t even both to stop to say sorry and just walked away. And I ordered juice for the children and tap water for hubby and myself. With no mentioning or anything, we were served with bottled water and of course charge for it. Throughout the whole dinner, there was no service at all except bringing the dishes and the bill to us. He never bothered to talk to us although obviously he understands English well enough to remind us at the end, when we were paying for the dinner that “tips not included”!

This was our first dinner in Barcelona. Honestly, it ruined our high hope for this beautiful city. And it took quite a few other nice restaurants to change our first impression about the restaurant industry in Barcelona.

• Visited March 2013