Open today: 10:00 - 20:00

from US$43.71
from US$33.36
from US$245.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Mies's modernist buildings are a true pleasure to be in. To those saying it's overpriced, you must be hard pressed for 5€. I spent over an hour in here sitting and looking at all the marble details. A true masterpiece.

Date of experience: May 2019
3  Thank faceofweed
Reviewed 17 June 2019

We had just finished seeing Poble Espanyol and this was on our list of sights to see on the way back to our AirBnB in Barcelona. I have to agree with most of the reviewers...unless you are an architect, this may not be worth a visit.

Although a stunning design for the 1930’s (and even now) it is not a large place. You enter and wonder...is there more to see? Well there isn’t. In fact, from the outside you can see 80% of the structure. Inside are just empty (but beautiful) marble walls. No explanation of where the marble came from, no explanation of what the designer was attempting to say with the design.

So for the 10 € we paid, we only stayed less than 10 minutes. I suspect had I been an architect and not a civil engineer, I may have just stayed and marveled at the simplicity of the design...but one visit to this place will be enough for me.

Date of experience: June 2019
3  Thank Roger H
Reviewed 14 June 2019 via mobile

My wife as an architect historian had to visit and see the reconstruction. Design by Mies van der Rohe. For the 1929 International Exhibition it Issa taken down when it was over in 1930. Reconstructed in the 1980s using the original plans and a set of black and white photos it is a grand example of early 20th century architecture. There are replicas of Mies furniture inside including his iconic chairs. Well worth the 5 EU fee

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank carltonconley
Reviewed 30 May 2019

another place to see full of interesting architecture and appreciate Barcelona

if you'd like architecture don't go

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank TheMohawkSingapore
Reviewed 19 March 2019

Iconic 20th-century architecture. Built in 1929 there is not yet anything more elegant, more cutting edge, more modern then this gorgeous house. If ever in Barcelona: don't miss it.

Date of experience: March 2019