“Pretty yummy”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Artisan Coffee Shop and Brunch spot in Barcelona.Absolutely everything is made by hand,from scratch, using only the best local ingredients. Organic when possible. In grandmothers we trust!!
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went here on a Monday around 11am. It was busy but we got a table right away. For a city that doesn't do brunch very often the food was good, but not great.
For example, I ordered the Brie cheese with apple, mushroom, and caramelized onion sandwich. The bread was fresh and there was plenty of Brie on the sandwich, however the Brie kind of overpowered everything. I would have liked to see a bit less Brie,and a bit more apple flavor. The mushroom flavor was also kind of lost in this dish.
I also ordered the coconut bread with cream cheese. It was delicious. The bread wasn't too sweet and was complimented perfectly by the cream cheese.

1  Thank ChrisAndKarenJ

Reviewed 18 June 2014

its one of my favourite places for breakfast and best part is that they serve it till evening! its in centric location just few blocks from paseo de gracia. The food is really delicious, especially eggs benedict on waffle, porridge with fruit, bagel with scramble eggs and guacamole. I am really happy I finally found the place with great choices that has nothing to do with boring and mediocre sandwiches offered by most Spanish bars and restaurant.

2  Thank traveling_cj
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We went to this place with no prior plans or recommendations from others. We were just looking for a place to have breakfast and we cane across it. Friendly staff, cosy and simple atmosphere, and absolutely delicious food. I ordered the scrambled eggs with bagels and guacamole and my husband ordered the eggs Benedict on organic hotdog and both were YUMMY!
Very recommended :)

1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We´ve been fans of this place since day 1. In a year, we visited it for more than 100 times. Its eggs Benedict with sweet waffles are a must on a happy Brunch day. A new BLT is worth giving a try. Remember to ask for a cheesecake.

1  Thank Tanya V
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Sitting in this super cute boutique café, with all-white décor and an unexpectedly extensive brunch menu, I could have easily mistaken myself for being in Brooklyn. I was excited to have found the only restaurant in Spain that seemed to recognize the existence of oatmeal - which I ordered, and found to be quite tasty with the fresh strawberry jam and banana slices on top. They had a wonderful caramel latte. My husband had Iberico ham, scrambled eggs, and French toast which he said was good but overwhelmingly sweet. The staff was comprised of friendly hipsters. Sun streamed in through the windows and made it all very bright and exciting. If you sit outside they charge you an extra 10% on your order. It's probably worth it, but it's just as pleasant sitting indoors. When we arrived after 11 AM we found there was a line for larger parties, but we were super lucky - there was only one table available for a party of two, so we got right in. I would've been willing to wait in a line, though, for this particular restaurant; definitely worth it. Go here rather than the overhyped Federal Café.