“Excellent”
Review of Restaurant Koxkera

Restaurant Koxkera
Reserve with
Restaurant Koxkera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #457 of 9,585 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful taste... want to revisit... I enjoyed good time with my collegues.

• Polish first
“Superb (compelled to write first ever review)”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My fifth night in Barcelona on this trip. Had done the tapas and walked extensively around the L'illa area.
I looked on trip advisor, read the reviews and walked the 800 meters from my hotel and away from the tourist trap of the diagonal.

Arrived at 8:15 on a Thursday night in February to find no customers in the restaurant. I have a golden rule about empty restaurants and was just about to walk away when I remembered the reviews. I am so pleased that for the first time in history I broke my golden rule.

The staff were excellent and welcomed me in English when they realised I could not speak Spanish.
Faced with a menu in English I made my choice and the waiter commented that he thought my choice of starter was too heavy for my main course (he was right if course)
I took his advice and changed the starter to the best prawns in garlic I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The waiter suggest that I have some bread to did in the garlic source, once again he was spot on.

I prefer a red wine and the waiter recommended a Rioja that ran in at €13, by no means the most expensive or the cheapest but on reflection excellent for my choice of main course.
The monkfish marinara was superb accompanied by a good Rioja and a music that I didn't recognise. Upon asking I am now going out of my way to buy some Amos Lee.

The entire experience was beyond my expectations of an empty restaurant.

The food was the best I have tasted in this area of Barcelona. The atmosphere relaxed and conducive to a great evening.
The staff attentive and very accommodating of the lone Englishman with very little Spanish.

Altogether such a great experience that as I mention this us the first review of anything ever I have written.

Well done to a great restaurant for making a seasoned traveller break his golden rule.

PS, have the Creme Catalan, it would be rude not to.

Oxford
“Great Traditional Food and Service”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a very relaxing restaurant to be in, because you know from the start that the waiting and kitchen staff know what they are doing, and they do it very well. We loved the seafood paella, and the Bicos Albarinho is a wonderful accompaniment. Hope to return some day soon.

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Found our new hidden gem! Our server was Jordi and he was amazing! He made delicious suggestions and the paella was perfect!!! Exactly what we needed after a long day. We are definitely going back one more time before leaving this wonderful city.

• Visited November 2013
London
“Surprise of a work trip”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went here based on trip advisor review. Had a great meal with the most superb service, my partner is gluten free and even this didn't present an issue. Have an apperatif the preparation at the table is a joy to watch the measures huge and the care taken in preparation was exceptional.

• Visited November 2013