“Couldn't ask for more!”
Review of Restaurant Koxkera

Restaurant Koxkera
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Koxkera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #484 of 9,594 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Excellent food and ambience; impeccable service! Highly recommend! Can't wait to go back to Barcelona and will definitely visit this restaurant again.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Markham, Canada
“Wonderful food and great service”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We travelled to Barcelona in Oct/13 and had one of the best dining experience we have had anywhere. The service was very good and we were welcomed and served like family. The food was exceptional.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful taste... want to revisit... I enjoyed good time with my collegues.

“Superb (compelled to write first ever review)”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My fifth night in Barcelona on this trip. Had done the tapas and walked extensively around the L'illa area.
I looked on trip advisor, read the reviews and walked the 800 meters from my hotel and away from the tourist trap of the diagonal.

Arrived at 8:15 on a Thursday night in February to find no customers in the restaurant. I have a golden rule about empty restaurants and was just about to walk away when I remembered the reviews. I am so pleased that for the first time in history I broke my golden rule.

The staff were excellent and welcomed me in English when they realised I could not speak Spanish.
Faced with a menu in English I made my choice and the waiter commented that he thought my choice of starter was too heavy for my main course (he was right if course)
I took his advice and changed the starter to the best prawns in garlic I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The waiter suggest that I have some bread to did in the garlic source, once again he was spot on.

I prefer a red wine and the waiter recommended a Rioja that ran in at €13, by no means the most expensive or the cheapest but on reflection excellent for my choice of main course.
The monkfish marinara was superb accompanied by a good Rioja and a music that I didn't recognise. Upon asking I am now going out of my way to buy some Amos Lee.

The entire experience was beyond my expectations of an empty restaurant.

The food was the best I have tasted in this area of Barcelona. The atmosphere relaxed and conducive to a great evening.
The staff attentive and very accommodating of the lone Englishman with very little Spanish.

Altogether such a great experience that as I mention this us the first review of anything ever I have written.

Well done to a great restaurant for making a seasoned traveller break his golden rule.

PS, have the Creme Catalan, it would be rude not to.

Oxford
“Great Traditional Food and Service”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a very relaxing restaurant to be in, because you know from the start that the waiting and kitchen staff know what they are doing, and they do it very well. We loved the seafood paella, and the Bicos Albarinho is a wonderful accompaniment. Hope to return some day soon.

• Visited December 2013