“It's ok good, not great good”
Review of Restaurant Koxkera

Restaurant Koxkera
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Koxkera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #634 of 10,179 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I arrived the city a little bit late, so when I was ready for dinner, there were not too many choices. I chose the restaurant from tripadvisor app- yes, the waiter looks nice. when I arrived, he explained me hard on why he couldn't serve me at the moment although I only saw a half full restaurant (and I could not book one person table online). But anyway, he kept his word when I came back again 20min later. The mussel dish was great! spicy, full of flavor, but according to some tightly closed ones, they were not all alive before they were cooked. The seafood plate in some marine sauce (? wish the sauce name is right) was just so so, and fish inside was a little undercooked, I didn't call for refire since anyway I didn't like the fish. And about the catalonia cream, it's just some kind of caramel brulee, pls dont expect too much from the other comments. I think the hotel success relies a lot on the english speaking waiter since I noticed most of diners spoke english, so yes, it's a good tourist restaurant.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had Paella here and it was really good! You can really feel that you're in a typical spanish restaurant. Service is quit good, though sometimes we had to wait a bit too long.
But still, very friendly staff.
I would definitely come back for some delicious paella !

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at this restaurant, James the waiter was excellent, the food very enjoyable and the ambience just right, even though it is also a great place to take the family. Highly recommended by this Australian couple.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

consistent quality at very reasonable prices. abundant portions. the waiters were very helpful and nice, contributing to our very positive experience. fish recommended

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

In searching for a good paella we made a special trip to this restaurant tonight around 8, even though we did not have a reservation, they were kind enough to sit us immediately, the service was very attentive. We ordered squid, mussel, paella and hake fish, then they casually asked us whether we want water and bread, of course we were charged for that. First come fried squid, no taste whatsoever, also there is a hair inside one of the squid batter, then mussels came, whic is decent. For the main entree, the hake fish was quite good, but the paella was just a disappointment, it was so salty, we could not finish,ed, in conclusion i wont be back.